rodentraiser

Thank you - yeah, if you see a rodentraiser somewhere, that's probably me. I have so many interests I can't keep up with myself!

I'm so glad to see you here - and there too! When I do my blog there I'm trying to keep it very simple because I know a lot of people there have probably never even thought about putting a dollhouse together. And where other people bash, I smash. So if you ever think there's an easier way to do something or you see me doing something that will be certain to end in failure, please let me know. I know all those guys think I know a lot about dollhouses, but compared to the people here, I know nuthin'!

if you ever think there's an easier way to do something or you see me doing something that will be certain to end in failure, please let me know. I know all those guys think I know a lot about dollhouses, but compared to the people here, I know nuthin'!
Get into the habit of asking questions, LOTS of 'em, or we won't know what's puzzling you. BTW, it's OK if an idea "ends in failure" if, along the way, you learn anything from it. I also "know nuthin'", but through lots of trials & many mini errors I've learned some "how-nots".

Oh, I'll certainly be asking questions - my biggest problem is I'll do something in a way guaranteed to be the hardest or longest or most expensive way possible, but I won't even think to ask about it and I won't find out until after I'm completely done. Yup, a day late and a dollar behind, that's me! :banana:

I am the same way! I get asked a lot of times, "don't I know you from another board?' LOL!

Holly is right Kelly. I asked a lot of questions with my first dollhouse and I don't think I will ever stop asking. And I am the sort of person to just jump in there and try my own thing, then I end up coming to the board and asking. :photo: I don't always think things throughly. Live and Learn!

Nowadays people are more into computers and video games. Hand making things are almost a thing of the past.

Hi Kelly & welcome to the forum! Yeah, I'm late in my welcome - I usually am! lol!

You've probably already figured it out - but this is a great forum! You couldn't ask for a nicer group of friends to chat with - and so many talented people on the forum - sometimes I go into the gallery & get lost for hours just looking at everything!

Just realized you are in Bremerton. How cool is that? I'm in Poulsbo & work in Bremerton. It's great seeing another miniaturist that's so close!

Lisa

Thank you everyone again! What nice people you all are!

Lisa - I work in Poulsbo! We have to meet - maybe we have already. :)

What a neat idea! You're going to have to post pictures for sure. I keep staring at my Washington to see if I can figure out how you're going to do that....

I'm putting pictures up in my gallery as I go along - I've taken the last couple of days off, but I plan to jump back into it soon.

Lisa - I work in Poulsbo! We have to meet - maybe we have already. :huh:

How funny is that? Could be we've met at one time or another - both towns aren't all that large.

I'm actually quite excited about the prospect of meeting another miniaturist locally :bigwink: The only miniaturists I've met locally are the ones who've given up the hobby & aren't interested anymore - those are the ones whose stuff I purchased off of Craigslist :banana:

I would love to meet up with a miniaturist that's still very much active in the hobby!

Wander on into the bank in the Central Market any time and say Hi! I'd love to meet a fellow miniaturist too. I work with some very conservative people who think I should "grow up" and get a life. This weekend I went to the miniature show first, then to the rat show on Mercer Island.

I never felt more normal!