Nutti's Marquam Hill

Deb

Hey Nutti! Did your DH and DD start on the Marquam Hill Mansion? How's it coming along?

Oh, and did you hear anything about how the girls liked the houses you built?

Deb

not started as we are cleaning out and rearranging the house.

moving antique player piano to bedroom so it must be cleaned out and furniture moved so it will fit.

than where the piano was I will get new work area and shelves!

we wont wait for the shelves to be built before starting house. we hope to have a good start before school starts up. I will be posting photos as soon as we start.

as for thew Allison...although no one called me I heard from the grapevine it was the favorite Christmas toy. and one of the girls could not leave it alone long enough to eat dinner....so I am very satisfied!

nutti :(

I can't wait to see the pictures as you get started. I'm excited for you that your "second generation" builder has such a gorgous house to start on.

I'm glad to hear the girls liked the Allison. It was such a labor of love on your part and it truly turned into a little girl's dreamhouse. <giving you a hug> You made a Christmas memory those girls will cherish all their lives.

Deb

uuuuggggg can you hear my moans of disgust!

I am so spoiled by Greenleaf! so I couldnt wait for hubby to start the dern thing!

I dug into the boxes looking for the floor peices....guess what?

NOTHING is marked! NOTHING!!

before I can begin this house I have a huge puzzle on my hands as to which peice is what? dont like it!

one more step in the process dont make for Happy nutti person.

so today I will get out my ruler and start the sorting of peices. I have to measure each peice and than find it on the schematic sheet to know what I am looking at.

I knew there was a reason I told hubby this was gonna be his project.

send happy thoughts my way and wish me luck.

UUUUGGGGGGGG

:(

Oh dear Nutti,

I could almost hear your disappointment over to here, poor you!!!

SInce this is a fairly large house it is no fun indeed to have to go through the sorting process especially with out no markings on them.

I am sending all the positive thoughts and energy I can your way! (Along with an imaginarey heap of snow :( ) and I know you will get it done with great result.

And yes, those schematics are sooo good to have,

Hugs

Heya Nutti,

Sending lots of warm thoughts and hugs your way! You can do it! :D Can I ask who makes the Marquam Hill? I really love the way Greenleaf's pieces are so easy to identify (at least so far :D ) Sounds like the Allison was a Huge Hit!! Contrgats!! :(

-David

Dura-craft

also this kit is pressed board or something and in the cutouts(windows and arches for roof) all the filling is gone and I will have to fill it in with wood fill.

all I can say is she better LOVE this house when done.

:(

For reasons I'm sure seemed good to Dura-Craft at the time they switched from using wood to using MDF for the exterior walls.

Nutti, the long frame pieces the walls fit into will have to be identified, measured & cut to size. Somewhere in the instruction booklet there oughta be a parts list, the cross-section outline is there & you take each piece & match the cut end to the outline in the booklet and then gather up all the identical pieces to make sure you have the number listed in the booklet.

I shall also entertain positive thoughts for you and am sending many BIG <HUGS> your way. Let your DH & Catriona play with it.

Oh Nutti I'm so sorry but if anyone can figure it out I'll lay bets that you can! I'm glad the Allison was a Hit though and hopefully you'll get to hear first hand from the girls soon.

But thanks for the warning about the duracraft kits not containing mark pieces, we now know to be wary and what to look for. Keep us informed of your progress.

Peggi

BIG HUG your way

I did the same thing for the shop. I had to measure the parts to know which part was for what item of the house. After the adding the labels, it will go faster than it is now Nutti (it did for us and it was 3 of us working on this house together at different times).

It's a HUGE & Heavy house so you should build it not far from where you want to display it. It was a killer getting this house out of the door but it was stunning!!

Nutti, I'm so glad to hear that the girls loved their houses! I sure hope you get big hugs from them at some point! It must have been a great feeling to know that they wouldn't leave them alone . . . not even for dinner! :D

I feel for you about the mansion, but you can do it!! :D Think about the BIG satisfaction you'll get once it's done! For now, I'm sending positive thoughts and energy your way!! :(

(hangs head in shame)

but...its been calling and no one but me is listning!

what can a person do.

nutti ;)

Nutti, you are just too cool. B) That poor house has been sitting there pitifully whimpering for attention and you went to it's rescue. Now talk to it sternly and remind it that because you rescued it, it needs to cooperate with you and help you identify all it's parts. Or have the same talk with the hubby and daughter. :D

Good luck dear!

Deb

(hangs head in shame)

but...its been calling and no one but me is listning!

what can a person do.

nutti

;) Isn't it terrible when nobody else can hear it's pleas. Sorry to hear about the frustration about the pieces not being labeled! B) Good luck sorting it all out! You would think that if the house would ask you to put it together, it would at least tell you what the piece are! :D