Help Price This Dollhouse

MistyStarz

Hi, I'm hoping everyone can help me out with this. My friend's daughter won this dollhouse in a raffle. She is not a dollhouse kind of girl, so she wants her mom to sell it.

I'm hoping everyone can give me their idea of what you think she should ask for the dollhouse. Please, any suggestion is better then none. I am very clueless as to prices on dollhouses, since I'm new at all this. In the pictures it doesn't show it very well, but there is a smaller room or garage addition on one side. She said it is apx 2ft x 3ft. See photos below of in my photo album as "Sale House"

Thanks! :D

post-343-1133967664_thumb.jpg

post-343-1133967690_thumb.jpg

post-343-1133967716_thumb.jpg

post-343-1133967754_thumb.jpg

I don't know how much the price should be... but I do know I wish I'd won it! Sure would make a nice Ponderosa!

Just a thought... usually raffles list a suggested price for each prize. Can she get a prize list or call the group that raffled it?

Or you could scope out eBay and see if there is anything similar.

Sorry this isn't much help.

Carol

I've scoped out ebay and not really seen anything that heavy built. She saw some houses on google and they ranged from $100 to $700. She said she hopes to maybe buy a TV for her daughters room. Not sure what that would cost. I know what you mean about making a nice ponderosa!!

If anyone is interested I could get it for the price of a room television. It is located in Lafayette Indiana.

This is a challenging house to price, as I don't recognize a kit as the basis, and I've never seen anything like it. I think it's really cool!

I'm leaning toward Linda's suggestion of $150 to $250, but that may be because that's what I'd pay for it, and I'm legendarily cheap.

If I had to state a reason for not heading toward $500, it'd be that the house is either a toy like Ryan's Room or in need of "finishes" like stain and wallpaper. Personally, I like the plain wood look and would tend to leave it that way, but most buyers for the "collectible treasure" market would either want the elaborate finishes or treat it like a fixer-upper. If it's a toy, you end up pricing comparable with toys.

Darn, that house would be fun! I kind of wish I lived in Indiana and had a lot of space. I already have two plans for furnishing it, depending on the actual measurements.

Looks like a great house. Made in a log cabin style. Definitely a one of a kind HOME made house. What I like is the porches at both levels across the front. The heavy look of the construction. Would stand up to PLAY quite well. Easily worth $250 I think.

For those who didn't like the flattened roof, note this. The side addition is flat and has a door from the second floor. Add some exterier stairs from that deck up to the upper flat part for a roof top garden. It does need decorating and if it were mine I think I'd try to electrify it but that might present a challenge if one wished to keep the LOG look of the interior walls.

It has TONS of potential and I think I like it cuz it's "manly" and "rustic" looking AND because there's most likely only one of them.

Now...

As for the TV.

A 19" TV with a built in DVD player, and some extra inputs for cable TV, antennna, video games and such can be had easily from several different manufacturers for under $200. If you can do without the DVD player (which you probably can if you have some video game systems cause they can play DVD's as well) you can drop that price down to around $130 or under $100 if you look for a sale.

Or...

For around $300 you can get a nice FLAT PANEL tv set to hang on the wall at about a 15-17 inch screen size. Again, that would be looking for a SALE price. This time of year easy to find.

Darrell

Can't help with the price, but I like that house--looks like good large rooms, it has all sorts of possibilities. I like the wood finish too, rustic--can't you just imagine it surround by tall pines with a fireplace.

Peggi

I don't know squat about pricing, but from the pictures, it looks like each floor is AT MOST six inches... which would make for very low ceilings. The angle of the pictures may be distorting the true height...

... but I would think that if the floors really are no more than six inches, that would effect the price.

Then again, I don't know squat about pricing. :lol:

Microjivvy, you do know squat! I'd looked at the 2' height, figured 24", divided by 3 to get 8", and hadn't thought about the thickness of the ceiling and floors! Ack!

It's possible that the house was scaled at 1:18, which makes a dramatic difference in market demand. There are very few people who look for 1:18 houses in anything other than vintage tin litho... but when you want one, you want it badly. So it's way tougher to sell fast but might go higher. It would look fabulous with the 1940s wood furniture that shows up now and again.

Siiiiiiigggghhhh... it would be such fun.

I thought the pictures made the rooms look short too. The 2 feet high is just an aproximate that she gave me, so it's hard to really calculate.

I know one thing. It gave me some great ideas to go by when and if I build one like that myself... Imagining.... I would make the room heigth 9". I like the look of the rustic inside walls, yet I would love to add lighting by drilling holes through the wood and wiring as I build. Also I would do have a different roof top. Wow, I must be getting that dollhouse bug if I am imagining doing somehting like this myself!

Sorry I can't help with the dollhouse, but Darrell, I'm passing the TV information onto my hubby! He'll need it when he's out looking for my Christmas present! :lol: