Hello from Massachusetts!

twilight1000

Welcome!

I think I am very lucky. I was born and raised In Sturbridge, (I live in Maine now), but my father was an electrician for the Sturbridge host, and I was lucky enough to help him wire that show several years in a row. Wow, was that fun, we got to talk to all the exhibitors and see their things before the show opened!!! Unfortunately my father passed away a few years ago, and I've only managed to get to the show a few times since then, but I hope I get to go next year. Molly always sends me the info, and when I can't go I get sooooo bummed out.

Is the guy who does all those thousands of tiny pewter castings still there, and does anyone remember who he is? I need more of them, but I lost my catalogue of his stuff!!!

Pewter, you say? Doesn't ring a bell but it sounds like something that would look lovely in my Glencrofts! Have you tried googling 'pewter' and 'miniatures'? Hmm, I think I might give it a try.

I'm sorry your Dad is no longer with you. Same here. But maybe a trip to the Sturbridge show would bring back some wonderful memories. That alone is justification for making the trip, don't you think? :(

Actually the pieces were britannia metal I think, rather than pewter. A lot of people refer to britannia as pewter. They were inexpensive, and he had everything from tiny people to birdbaths and things like that.

For years he was way over in the corner to the left as you went in the door. He had a wooden display with bins containing thousands of tiny castings. You can see a little duck on wheels that he made and I painted in the bedroom of the Apple Blossom in my gallery. It's right in front of the cradle on the floor. I'd love to have more of those little toys on wheels. They were so cute, and I've never been able to find anything like it, even with google searches.

I also wonder about a woman named Sammy Smith from S. Dartmouth, Mass. She made pretty little porcelain dishes. She wasn't young, and at the last show I attended she had cancer. I'd love to have more of her items, but I'm afraid she isn't around any more either.

Those shows were so much fun, and it was so interesting talking to the designers and venders!

I do get to go to Sturbridge every year for Christmas, but two trips a year gets to be expensive.

Rosalind, I get a kick out of the details, too! I'm amazed at the things some people find. It's too bad that the pictures in the Gallery don't 'expand'. They did before I uploaded them and I had fun looking closely at all the accessories; especially since the red house is empty now and the Glencroft has been refurnished.

Kathi, I found a great website that sells the most incredible hand crafted items! Not what you're looking for since everything is VERY pricey, but it's fun looking at:

http://swanhouseminiatures.com/store/index...main_page=index

Also, if you look in my gallery at the Glencroft child's room, there are a metal horse and an elephant pull toys on the floor. I can't remember the seller's name (I'm pretty sure they don't have a website) but those 2 toys cost about $25 each. Probably not what you're looking for either.