Paint doesn't look right.

LindaC

I've probably answered my own question and need to resand and paint again. I thought it had flat paint so that's what I used. Could be it was semi gloss dulled over time. Hoping you can see the streaks so you know what I am talking about.

Whatcha think?? Bet I know!!

The messy frames are from before I got my new craft saw. Thank goodness windows will cover.

gallery_6170_4695_98945.jpg

I used a name brand house paint over existing paint. I did do 2 coats last night. IF it had semi gloss I don't think my flat will ever cover properly. I don't know what was on it originally with it dulled over time. I think I better sand well and repaint. Have to paint the extension when it's built anyway.

thank goodness for my new sander attachment for craft saw. This won't take a lot of time. Just wanted you to see what is going on.

thanks for looking..

LindaC

If the first coat was oil paint, then you must use oil paint for the second coat (unless you prime it).

For me, it's easier to buy Behr's (spelling?) super duper paint that will paint over anything, and it won't leave that yucky feeling that kilz leaves. They don't give it away, but it's not the end of the world either (cost).

It also comes in sample sizes now, I believe. It's worth every single penny.

You'll thank me later.

Outside would be good but you are right not now. We are expecting horrid winter storm to hit during the night. Please pray for my 2 trees to stand and not come in my house if they get snow and ice laden.

Rule of thumb used re birds is when we can no longer smell something wait no less than 3 more days for it to be safe. I usually go with more. When I have had my house sprayed for spiders the birds go somewhere for about 3 weeks. One to my daughters house the others in walk way of inside aviary in my back yard. Always best to be safe.

I am sure hand sanding is better for birds and myself. When I do use small electric one I do a little at a time and sometimes run overhead fan. using small vac often has to help too.

Yup, use nothing with phenols in it, if you have birds. While they have lungs like us, their method of oxygenation is quite different..they're way more sensitive.

Be careful also of any oil primer that claims to be odorless..just because it's odorless doesn't necessarily mean there's no fumes. Some of these companies actually add chemicals that shut down our sense of smell. A lot of air fresheners do this as well..so read warning labels carefully.

Speaking of birds..there was a show on the discovery channel night before last..about dinosaurs and how closely our modern birds are related to them. In fact, paleontologists just confirmed that Tyrannosaurus Rex's closest modern relative is the common chicken, LOL. So the next time you eat chicken, ponder how big a drumstick from that chicken's ancestor would be.

J

Yup, use nothing with phenols in it, if you have birds. While they have lungs like us, their method of oxygenation is quite different..they're way more sensitive.

Be careful also of any oil primer that claims to be odorless..just because it's odorless doesn't necessarily mean there's no fumes. Some of these companies actually add chemicals that shut down our sense of smell. A lot of air fresheners do this as well..so read warning labels carefully.

Speaking of birds..there was a show on the discovery channel night before last..about dinosaurs and how closely our modern birds are related to them. In fact, paleontologists just confirmed that Tyrannosaurus Rex's closest modern relative is the common chicken, LOL. So the next time you eat chicken, ponder how big a drumstick from that chicken's ancestor would be.

J