DBJ Miniatures

AmyD

Has anyone ever ordered from DBJ Miniatures before? They have a real working mini TV. This TV hooks up to a dvd player and is suppose to really work. I've seen this about a year ago, and at the moment it is on sale. I really want it, but I've never ordered from this company, and although it's on sale, it's still a little pricey. Any info about this website will be so helpful. Thank you so much.

I haven't ordered, but I love those TVs. I love the idea of anything working in the dollhouse. THanks for letting us know they were on sale! Does anyone have any neat ideas on how to hide or place the DVD player you'll need?

ACK! They are sold out! :rolleyes: Guess lots of people liked the sale. Wonder if they'll restock?

I just found out that they were sold out as well. They were on sale for at least 10 days now and just sold out either yesterday or today. I sent an emails asking if they were going to restock and if so how much they would be. As for hiding the dvd player, maybe you could build a false bottom under the dollhouse and hide the dvd player there. I also love the idea of anything working in a doll house. I also want to get the real working ceiling fan from HBS, and a working doorbell. I was thinking that you could put some lattice around the bottom of the house so the dvd player would have some air so the machine doesn't overheat.

bluebear, here are a couple of links where you can buy the same tv, it costs a little more but as far as I can tell they are in stock. WWW.mountainminiatures.com and WWW.hollhousestrainsandmore.com . I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if I get a reply back from DBJ miniatures before I make any desiions. They had the best price. The other two sites are basically asking around $130.00. That's just a wiggle more than I wanted to pay right now. We'll see....ha ha.

Thanks Amy! I was thinking the same thing about putting it under the house, but then wondered how hard it would be then to control it. I guess use a remote? And the lattice is a great idea.

The working ceiling fan is definitely on my list. I have also seen a working table fan as well. I have the working Ruetter train too. I haven't thought about the doorbell, that would be neat too. I want to have 1 house with all my working stuff in it. But that hasn't been started yet, so I have a while to shop. Hope they restock at the sale price so you can get one!

That working table fan sounds neat. The train sounds good too. I've been working on one house for a few years now, (in fact all of my houses are a work in progress.....he he.) but I've just recently decided to change it around and put the working tv in that one. It was orginally going to be in a 1920's style, but now I want it more modern.

that is funny. was he watching it on a mini tv? If so how was the quaility of the picture

yes he was watching the mini tv within a dollhouse. he said quality was actually quite good for such a small screen.

I've been to this same booth in the market when I visited. Picked up little things such as cheese board with knife and cheese, champagne bottles and ? so many things put away can't remember what else. Great little spot. oh, and they didn't have the tv when I was there.

Here I am still sanding away the bad paint on my house. need a rest though so off I go.

bluebear, here are a couple of links where you can buy the same tv, it costs a little more but as far as I can tell they are in stock. WWW.mountainminiatures.com and WWW.hollhousestrainsandmore.com . I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if I get a reply back from DBJ miniatures before I make any desiions. They had the best price. The other two sites are basically asking around $130.00. That's just a wiggle more than I wanted to pay right now. We'll see....ha ha.

Seems like the price is coming down. I believe they were around $300 when I first saw them over a year ago. I really would like one, though. :p

$300.00!! wow, I guess the price really did come down than. I really want one too. I was going to modernize a 1920's style house that I have and put the tv in that, but after I took a really good look at it, I'm not so sure right now. I have more Reutter Porzellan stuff that is in the 1920's style that I would hate to just have sitting around in a box. I also have a few houses that I haven't even started building yet but I don't want to start another kit right now. I have too many unfinished kits. I'll figure something out.

I just checked their web site and according to that, the tvs are back in stock and shipping is free (for all orders over $75.00) I really want it. I told myself that I wouldn't order it until I lost 5 pounds, onlu lost 4 so far. But considering that the other two site I found that sell this tv, sell them for almost $30.00 more I think I'm going to get it.

Oh yay! Yes, do get it!! I actually saw one of these this weekend at the mini show. I didn't get to look real good because there were so many people, but it looked neat. It was at the booth for my local mini store though, so the next time I'm up there I will definitely look at it more!

Well I just finished ordering the TV. The website stated that the item should be shipped out within 1 to 2 business days, it's coming from CA so I'm thinking I should have it by the end of next week. Fingers crossed. :flowers:

I can't wait either. The house that I wanted to put it in will need some major redecorating inside in order for it to work. Right now it's in a 1920's style, so I have to upgrade the kitchen and bathroom. I also might add a big bay window, and possibaly a real working ceiling fan. I should just build another house but I don't have the room.

I am already planning on having 1 house with all my working stuff in it. I'm thinking it may be the Beaumont, and put most of the stuff in the little sunroom area. Ceiling fan, table fan, train. I also want a light-up aquarium in that house, and the TV will go there too if I do go that route.

Just wanted to add, if you purchase the mini tv, there's a small dvd player you can purchase from HH Gregg that will only cost $14.99 that you can hook up to the mini tv. The dollhouse shop that I love has theirs on display with a mini dvd player from Walmart ($15)!