June 2006 Swap for Kids?

LPCullen

Interested in a Kid's Swap  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Kid's Swap for June Swap

• Yes
    • No

Several of us have smaller children that get very excited when our swap boxes come in--and they also get a bit disappointed that there is nothing for them. How many of you would be interested in creating a Kid's Swap? Your child would not be a registered member of the forum, but would get a "swap" item from other children whose parent are members of the forum. The rules regarding value and other things would be a bit more relaxed for this as well.

Let me know what you think and how much interest there is in this. I'm not quite sure how it would be done at this point, and it is just an idea right now. However, if there is enough interest, I would like to implement it for the June Swap.

My sara would love it, she is THE young miniaturist of the year after all, te he, she has a certificate to prove it LOL

shes been asking if she could do another swap ever since she did a coupel while i was in the stay at home club

I think my son would also love it. I'd have to find a really simple project that doesn't take much manual dexterity but I think that could be arranged.

-David

Okay, both girls want to join. Sarah will cry if Rachel get a box of goodies for her dollhouse and she doesn't get one :lol: . I'll help both of them but Rachel has gotten pretty good and may only need help with ideas I hope it's a easy theme :lol: .

I'm glad there is so much interest in this, I hoped there would be. As parents, you would know what your children are capable of making so please tell us and we can build a theme around their abilities. As for the hub, should we use the same hub? It seems an awful lot to dump on Peggi for her first hub experience.

I like the idea of having an accessories theme. That leave's it very open to what each child is capable of and also very open for them to pick a project that would be fun for them to work on and in their area of likes so it can be more personal from each child. I know there are a couple of items that my son just loves and would really enjoy sharing. I'd just have to think of how to make them simple enough for him to do.

-David

I'm glad there is so much interest in this, I hoped there would be. As parents, you would know what your children are capable of making so please tell us and we can build a theme around their abilities. As for the hub, should we use the same hub? It seems an awful lot to dump on Peggi for her first hub experience.

Too make things easier, I won't mind doing it for both swaps. But a little patience from members may be required, while I work my way through. Not only would it be easier, but probably cheaper, cause the boxes could be combined for shipping at least to me. Shipping out, since part of the fun for the child is getting their own box, may need to be separate.

But we can work that out when we actually see how many sign up.

my question is....if Im not participating do the kid still get to?

I havent asked her but who knows she might want to. 14 yr olds very unpredictable!

ok waiting for answer.

and Im not participating for the obvious reason of toooo much on my plate till I feel Im caught up to my commitments.

thanks

nutti :lol:

Nobody has signed up for the June swap yet! It hasn't been done, LOL!

Still thinking about the answer to that question. And my brain is now dead, so you'll have to bear with me until the sparks quit shooting out and the smoke goes away. Grinding is getting to be annoying too.

BTW, anybody got a crystal ball? I've lost my son's graduation invitations or hid them from myself really good, and I REALLY need to get those mailed out.

I think as long as the parent is a member of the forum, then the child is eligible for the swap. Which is why I was thinking it might be easier to have a separate hub for it. Melanie has experience with being a hub, she's done a fine job with the smaller scale ones. I just want to make this as painless and fun as possible for everyone. Peggi, we don't want to abuse you because we really appreciate you helping us out.

How about this, we start the sign ups for both and if the majority of the parents sign up for the June swap, then Peggi does the hub for both. This will save everyone money.

If the parents are not signed up for the June swap, then the Kid's Swap will go through Melanie. This will save on confusion and delays.

I think Accessories is a good theme, just enough to keep the kids focused but broad enough that they can do their own thing.

BTW, anybody got a crystal ball? I've lost my son's graduation invitations or hid them from myself really good, and I REALLY need to get those mailed out.

If it were me, then they'd be on a chair under a pile of clothes or other debris. I had a roommate who used to leave the oddest things in the refrigerator (like her keys), so that might be an option.

Linda, Are you looking in the right house?

Don't know. I cleaned the Charlotte one up tonight looking. Now tomorrow I go clean the other one ...

I think as long as the parent is a member of the forum, then the child is eligible for the swap. Which is why I was thinking it might be easier to have a separate hub for it. Melanie has experience with being a hub, she's done a fine job with the smaller scale ones. I just want to make this as painless and fun as possible for everyone. Peggi, we don't want to abuse you because we really appreciate you helping us out.

How about this, we start the sign ups for both and if the majority of the parents sign up for the June swap, then Peggi does the hub for both. This will save everyone money.

If the parents are not signed up for the June swap, then the Kid's Swap will go through Melanie. This will save on confusion and delays.

I think Accessories is a good theme, just enough to keep the kids focused but broad enough that they can do their own thing.

Still thinking, and Peggi says she doesn't mind. And thinking about letting the kids who join this swap make the decision on its theme since it's gonna be their swap, but I like accessories too. And thinking that if Melanie were to HUB it, she'd have to mail a package to her own child. Oh dear! Now flames are shooting out my head! I'm gonna go take a nice long hot soak!

I asked Becca last night if she wanted to do a swap with other kids for mini's and she is sooo excited about doing this seeing she doesnt have much for her house as it is. I really think the accessory theme is great for them seeing it covers such a borad spectrum of things. I will be watching this thread like a a hawk. :lol:

my question is....if Im not participating do the kid still get to?

Yes, the kid can participate even if you don't.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but my mom, Peggi, has gotten me hooked on this site. I love how she's gotten into the dollhouse craze and it has been fun watching and listening to her as she builds her houses and the mini's that go into it. I've also really enjoyed looking at all the member's pictures. You gals/guys are really talented. I may try my own dollhouse someday.....

I like the idea of a kid swap (both the mini swap and the actual idea of swaping children - hee hee). I talked it over with Rebecca and Lindsey (my girls, 6 & 11), and they both want to participate (in the mini swap - although they probably wouldn't be opposed to a swap in households, Nana just doesn't live close enough for them to escape me). It also helped that Nana was gonna be the HUB. They don't care what the theme is, they both have idea's on all kinds of stuff. This should be fun and we are looking forward to it.

Lori

I talked to Catriona

she just looked at me with mild interest....she said it would depend on what the theme was and what idea "I" came up for her to do....rofl

told her it was pose to be her idea also....I fairly sure she's in!

when do we sign up?

probably depends on the number of things we/she has to make.

lol...she is sooo funny

tonight is the end of school dance

set with a 70's theme post-9-1146870635_thumb.jpg

taken before she went to dinner...she assured me she would apply her Blue eye shadow before the dance.

wouldnt want her to look outa place :lol: he pants are wide Goucho's....so funny she was stressing about what to buy for the dance and I realised I was looking at the same style of clothing I begged my mom for at her age......Oy-Vey I feel old!