Who lives in your house?

Anya

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a gypsy for my gypsy caravan (which isn't completed yet) other than that my houses are empty and still awaiting their occupants.. of course it would help if my houses were ready for them to move into eh? :mellow:

-David

Well, I have knight that is gonna live in my Tower for the upcoming class. I have a old man living in the small cottage I have. My other dolls don't have a home yet but I do have a single vitorian lady who will live in my Mckinley when it is completed. I have dolls and houses but they don't match the charecter I may have in mind for a particular project so we have a lot of homeless people wandering around LOL.

Miss Helen Rose Pennethorne lives in the Beacon Hill (she's pictured in my avatar) and I'm expecting (or rather she's expecting) her betrothed to live with her when he comes next Christmas to be married to her! :mellow:

Willy and Milly Claus live in the Forestgate Cottage.

I'm looking for a Hyacinth Bucket doll (or reasonable facsimilie) to "entertain" in the Canterbury/Buttercup I'm building right now which will be a tea house.

Don't know yet who will live in the Willowcrest or the Pierce, but I'm working on it!!

No one yet! I'm still shopping around for those "perfect" people to live in my house. I know I def. want a little girl, blonde, ballerina, for my "princess bed room" and then a baby and a mom and dad. so I'm keeping my eyes out. oo and im considering a maid to. since after all it IS the garfield. And I mean anyone that lives in the garfield should be able to affor a maid right? :mellow:

Oh, that's just weird that you asked that question today. I ordered four dolls from The Victorian Trading Company last night! Before now, I've only had the librarian living in her cottage and a maid in the Pierce.

I haven't especially wanted dolls for any of my houses because I've never been a doll kind of person. Then I saw these and decided that since the Pierce and the Beacon Hill are going to be neighbors, they could be the homes of four sisters. Wanna see 'em?

Deb

Oh, that's just weird that you asked that question today.  I ordered four dolls from The Victorian Trading Company last night!  Before now, I've only had the librarian living in her cottage and a maid in the Pierce. 

I haven't especially wanted dolls for any of my houses because I've never been a doll kind of person.  Then I saw these and decided that since the Pierce and the Beacon Hill are going to be neighbors, they could be the homes of four sisters.  Wanna see 'em?

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These dolls are absoultly gorgoues!!!I'm so jealous!!! :mellow:

The dolls are so beautiful, Deb!!!

Most of the little people who live in my "dollhouse" can be found in My Album! :wacko: Somehow the best friends of my dollhouse family have to live in the parlor cause they don't have their own home! :mellow:

Somehow the best friends of my dollhouse family have to live in the parlor cause they don't have their own home!  :mellow:

I have dolls and houses but they don't match the charecter I may have in mind for a particular project so we have a lot of homeless people wandering around LOL.

There's only one solution for this situation! <holding xacto blade high in the air> <blowing trumpet> We need to build more houses!!!!

Deb

There's only one solution for this situation!  <holding xacto blade high in the air>  <blowing trumpet>  We need to build more houses!!!!

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O your so right Deb, your just SO right.... :mellow:

There's only one solution for this situation!  <holding xacto blade high in the air>  <blowing trumpet>  We need to build more houses!!!!

Yeeeupppp... the reason my apartment has been taken over with dollhouses is that the inhabitants of the first couple needed friends, and the friends needed houses...

The houses are inhabited by people who fit the setting.

The 1:12 houses are all "set" in San Francisco Bay Area suburbs. (Yes, this really does explain the pirates. They're on the COAST.)

The 1:24 houses are in San Francisco itself, except for the Vermont Farmhouse Jr., which is in West Sacramento.

The 1:48 apartments are in downtown San Francisco, so a lot of the residents are Homies.

I can't account for the 1:18 cottage at all, but no doubt I'll think of something.

Well I have narrowed it down to 2 FAMILIES for my dollhouse MAYBE but I also LIKE the idea of kits so my familywill be the perfect fit for the Lily but then again Iam UNSURE. :mellow: BUT then again I change my minds soo often who knows what my occupants will turn out to be :huh:

Deb I love your 4 dolls that you order there stunning! I alos agree with the e-xacto knife(holding mine high :( )I have several in Hideing calling mine name :wacko: .

Anna, I love your picture of your mom dad and baby. WOW your house is certainly very busy in the parlor. I love your stroller too. :D

Lyn :lol:

No one as of yet,

But I found a mold the other day for $3.00 to make the hands and faces

out of clay.

now to figuer out how to use it without squishing them?

Has Any one used this!    :mellow:  HELP!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is what I do. I powder the inside of the mould with cornflour (an eyeshadow make up brush works best) so the clay doesn't stick. Press the fimo clay gently into the mould. After I remove it I reshape any parts of the form that need doing.

Have you ever thought about making your own moulds? You can buy second hand children's dolls from a brick a brack or charity shop and use their hands and feet as a template for your moulds. Dust the hands and feet of the dolls in cornflour first, then press the hands and feet into some polymer clay (you can also buy a flexible type of polymer that is very good for moulds). You need to make separate moulds for the right and left hands/feet/faces or whatever you want. But remeber when making hand and foot moulds to make moulds for the backs and fronts of the hands/feet.

Then you bake your moulds in the oven for as long as the instructions on the packet suggest and give the dolls back to the charity shop if you want. I now have hundreds of moulds and have only spent about $5 in total making them this way. :wacko:

I hope this helps

Oh wow Deb, about 6 months ago I bought those 4 exact same dolls with the same clothing, for what was going to be my dress shop (the Orchid) but have since changed my mind. This house just didn't want to be a dress shop, and now I have no idea what to do with it. Btw, I love your taste in dolls!

Wendy

Oh wow Deb,  about 6 months ago I bought those 4 exact same dolls with the same clothing, for what was going to be my dress shop (the Orchid) but have since changed my mind.  This house just didn't want to be a dress shop, and now I have no idea what to do with it.  Btw, I love your taste in dolls!

Wendy

:D I like your taste in dolls too! I can't wait to see them in real life and see if they're as pretty as the pictures. I was a little worried about the size since they're a little over 6 inches tall so I'm delighted that you have them already and I can ask if they are okay in scale? I figured if they were too tall for the house, I'd let them hold a garden party.

The Orchid is a stubborn house about what it wants to be. It was my first house (I'm seeing a pattern in our taste in minis here :D ) and it taught me right away that the house will always decide what it wants to be. Since yours doesn't want to be a dress shop, has it given you any other whispers at all about where it might want to go?

If your victorian dolls didn't want to own a dress shop, where did they end up living?

Deb

Hi Deb,

The dolls are beautiful but definitely a tad too tall for the Orchid and compared to the resin dolls which I've only used, they are quite large. But I think in a home such as the Garfield or Beacon Hill, they would be fine. Mine are just waiting on the diningroom table for that special place one day.

It's funny, you mention that a dollhouse speaks to you and I'm sure this one did. I was at a point where I didn't even want to finish it. I had planned this dress shop for almost a year, bought everything I would need and was so disappointed, I wanted to just throw it out. But DH kept insisting I finish the building of it and then see what ideas came to mind. I still don't have any idea but I'm almost finished the build.

Which dollhouse are you planning to use your dolls in? If you like I will take a picture of the dolls in the Orchid so you can get an idea. I'll go do that now!!

Wendy

Here you go, what do you think?

Sunnyray

Thanks for the hint.Can you use baby powder too?

Also yes, I have made my own molds using the stuff they use for making denture, and did made a fountain head from a brass knob shaped like a lion's head, I used plaster of paris These are ceiling madions I made from candy molds.

post-290-1137691491_thumb.jpg

post-290-1137691736_thumb.jpg

gemlady I am wondering about your room photos...I could not find them on the webshots....from which house are they from and are you holding out on us??

hmmmmmm :D

I really liked the ceiling medalions what a good idea!

nutti :D

My Beacon Hill has a family living inside. Mother, father, two girls, a toddler and a baby. I decided that they needed "help" so they have a nanny, cook, and maid (live out ... not enough bedrooms for live in help).

Then I decided that they needed friends for the children, then companions for tea and sewing/quilting bees for the mum, and card playing partners for the dad. A family this big must have relatives, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents .... did I forget to mention nieces and nephews?

So the original family lives in the house, and the assorted family and friends (about 40 ... give or take) live in boxes ... albeit very pretty boxes. I also have a "storage box" fettish. I'm attracted to pretty, sturdy boxes of all sizes.

So, I guess I need to build more houses. Ray is still deciding what type of wiring he would like to use to wire the Arrow. More than likely I'll be making this decision for him soon as I'm preparing an order for HBS.

Then I've got the McKinley coming ... so a few of these dolls should be getting homes fairly soon.

Susanne

Sorry Nutty

the picture are from the garfield one is the upper bedroom and the other is in the kitchen

Can you tell what I used to make the light in the kitchen? also in the background can you see the stove hood give a hint its a copper planting pot