greenery

Shakyshaky

If you can find some of that flower tape one uses in the makings of silk flowers (to cover the stems) that can be used for the base/stem for the vine, then you need some punched out leaves and you are a lmost ready to get going.

You make the stems by adding glue to a lenght of flower tape, twist it togehter and when you feel content with the "stem" bit y ou start adding the leaves so that the iny leafstem is attached and sedured within the twisted floral tape. I hav eno pics to show you of this rocess but it is fairly easy, just twist and add leaves as you go along, might end up with somewhat sticky fingers :o but it is worth it, when you have several "twisted" stems y ou can add them in a pot or flower bed and there is your vine...

Mini-hugs

>>Also, model rail road suppliers have lots of stuff that helps.<<

Woodland Scenics makes WONDERFUL landscaping stuff for miniaturists -- unfortunately, I can only offer suggestions on what works well in 1/144, not sure what would translate for 1/12. But their stuff is used in everything from tiny to large scale railroads, so I know they have materials that work.

I also read an interesting note on another mailing list -- do a google search on "taxidermy habitat" ... you'll find all sorts of really cool stuff for making natural habitats. Do check sizes, though -- they don't use our scales, so you need to check everything to be sure it would work for your project.

Well, punches, something I am always on the lookout for LOL, these can be found in various places I think, often used in scrapbooking, there are leaf shapes as well as the blossom bits so one can have a whole lot of fun with the punched out leaves!

I have also found really neat punches on ebay, just be aware of sizes of the punched out leaves so that the match the flower you are aiming for.

Oh and there are no "no good questions"!!!

Hugs

Well, punches, something I am always on the lookout for LOL, these can be found in various places I think, often used in scrapbooking, there are leaf shapes as well as the blossom bits so one can have a whole lot of fun with the punched out leaves!

I have also found really neat punches on ebay, just be aware of sizes of the punched out leaves so that the match the flower you are aiming for.

Hugs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you so much Anna for the tip. I will check the scrapbooking isle out at my local craft store!!

Artisans Loft has some greenery kits you can order  ;)

actually it might be Lavish miniatures, but you can find them at Artisan' Loft

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Brenda, I checked out both places and it comes up with the same page. Very nice.

Thank you for letting me know too!