The buttercup and the orchid

Anya

Can anyone tell me about these two houses? I know they are designed by Corona concepts but I was wondering if they both have staircases or ladders going up to the second floor?

I have almost finished my Beacon Hill and its kitchen extention. It should be finished by the new year :D!

Hi Sunnyray!  I don't know about the Orchid, but the Buttercup does not have a staircase.  That's something I'm going to be adding in when I build mine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info Does that mean the house doesn't have a hatchway in the second floor for the staircase? I suppose I could cut one out with a fret saw.

I also read that the decorative items (what are they exactly?) and the shingles are not included in the Buttercup kit. Is this true? Do you think the same would apply to the Orchid?

BTW. Your Beacon Hill looks lovely. I'm going to start painting mine in a week or so. I love that parrot too. He's starting to become quite popular in the pics. I think I'll make a mini version of him. :D

Hi Sunnyray,

The Orchid has a staircase that comes with the kit (two side pieces and steps--real basic). It slopes up from the bottom floor to the top on the right side. There's a space cut out in the second floor for entry.

Deb

There is no hole in the floor on the Buttercup. If you are adding stairs, you will need to cut one. I think they left it out because it's kind of a small house. The Orchid is a little bigger.

The decorative items they are talking about are probably just the ones in the picture. The Buttercup doesn't come with shingles, but the Orchid does.

I have built several Buttercupa. If yoou want interior trim you will have to make it, I found poster board to make satisfactory interior trim. I have one I want to bash with a Sugarplum & neither kit has stairs. They are FUN to bash!

BTW. Your Beacon Hill looks lovely. I'm going to start painting mine in a week or so. I love that parrot too. He's starting to become quite popular in the pics. I think I'll make a mini version of him.

Thanks Sunnyray! Picasso thanks you too! He's quite proud to be so popular (but don't tell him, it will go to his head!) :D

What color are you going to paint your Beacon Hill? I hope you're going to post more pictures soon. We'd love to see your progress!

Thanks Sunnyray!  Picasso thanks you too!  He's quite proud to be so popular (but don't tell him, it will go to his head!)  :D

What color are you going to paint your Beacon Hill?  I hope you're going to post more pictures soon.  We'd love to see your progress!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I haven't decided on the colour yet.

Probably a cool colour like blue or white maybe.

havanaholly > So the buttercup comes with the exterior trim then (it's on the roof I think)?

Thanks for the link fov. I will look at your pics soon :o

There's the putrid stuff that glues along the roof peak and also trim around the windows & door (on the OUTSIDE, I finally broke down & made the card stock trim for the inside). The Buttercup windows are something else, too, 'til you figure out what you want to do with them.

I posted elsewhere I have used sandpaper to shingle the Buttercup. I also once did currogated cardboard for a "tin" roof, I had two kits and used two bay walls & made a fireplace out of the second bay (the "stones" are bits of eggcarton styrofoam).

There's the putrid stuff that glues along the roof peak and also trim around the windows & door (on the OUTSIDE, I finally broke down & made the card stock trim for the inside).  The Buttercup windows are something else, too, 'til you figure out what you want to do with them.

I posted elsewhere I have used sandpaper to shingle the Buttercup.  I also once did currogated cardboard for a "tin" roof, I had two kits and used two bay walls & made a fireplace out of the second bay (the "stones" are bits of eggcarton styrofoam).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Putrid? Is it that bad?

I was thinking of putting a white plaster effect on both the buttercup and the orchid. What do you think?

Oh and do you have any pics of the buttercups you have built? I'd love to see them. :D

post-9-1132165683_thumb.jpg

this is a photo of the Buttercup I did for my daughter.

actually she and her friends did the plaster effect

post-9-1132165748_thumb.jpg

using tolit tissue and mod-podge

that is also the effect I used on my Haunted house.

post-9-1132165849_thumb.jpg

this is the inside of the cub-pub

nutti :D