Progress on the Little Red Schoolhouse

birdmom

Well last night I started working on the exterior of my Big Lots suitcase house. Since the outside image of the schoolhouse was the strongest it wasn't too hard to begin. Turns out I have a whole new respect for you all rehabbing homes. It is pretty hard to work around existing structure. Can't imagine how you do those big houses with wallpapering and all.

Anyway- after working all day on the red color- I am finally happy. I had to layer two colors repeatedly to achieve the right one. One color was too brown and made her look like a barn and the other was firetruck red. But I achieved a happy medium now I just have to work on the white trim and the black roof. Also I am thinking about adding rock to the front porch area.

She has quieted down consideably with the exterior work so I am not sure how to proceed with the inside. I posted a picture in the gallery labelling my thoughts for rooms. Any suggestions would be great!

How about a cafeteria/lunch room? It is very nice and once again I am jealous that we have no big lots! :) But, I am happy for you. :)

Its a pretty narrow room- I'll have to look for what I can find that might work to carry off the look. It would have to be just one table, would that still have a lunchroom look?

Its a pretty narrow room- I'll have to look for what I can find that might work to carry off the look. It would have to be just one table, would that still have a lunchroom look?

May be you could just have the lunch lady and the counter and then you could have picnic tables for outside? :)

hmmm, one long table and bench, a sign with prices on the wall? lunch bags on the table, a big trashcan, A lunch lady like someone said, maybe a tray of food on the table, some type of serving window. Or a cafeteria rules sign (no throwing food!)

Not that I could even come close to making any of it. Just thinking about school cafeterias. )