Miniaturist getting married...

HerOdyssey

Today is my shower. I have to go and get ready for my special 'brunch' and then be lavished with gifts. I wish I could register at a minis store! :p My wedding is next Sunday and I'm so excited! I'm getting married at the Timberline Lodge on mount hood (http://www.timberlinelodge.com). My husband to be is a very supportive person when it comes to my miniature 'clutter' and truly believes I should be doing my polymer clay stuff full time--I don't think he actually realizes the level of competition from great artists out there.

This wedding thing has inspired me though. I was given an unusual set of room boxes from a woman--it is a tall display, with three full sized roomboxes one atop the other, and then capped with an a-frame roof. I want to add some small cabriole legs to the unit and then I've thought up a cute little minis display to build in there (sometime before 2017). I'd paint "...and forever after" on the bottom edge, and the bottom roombox would be the interior of a classroom, where everyone's left but a boy and a girl, and they're flirting as one leans on a desk. A false door in the background would reveal a worn locker.

The middle box would show an outdoor restaurant scene complete with streetlight and cobbles, all very romantic, with these same teens (older now) together at a table being stood over by a waiter as he kneels and proposes.

The third box, I'm thinking the wedding ceremony, with the view looking down the aisle at the altar and a couple of rows of guests. And the 'attic' space, I'll dust and grime up a bit, fill it with attic clutter, and have an older woman showing a young girl a wedding dress from a trunk.

Now I just need infinite money and time. Howz about that for a wedding gift? :D

Gotta run to my shower. Have a wonderful week everyone!

Congratulations!!

we will celebrate 20 yrs this Dec.

but I still remember the day we got married.

I hope this week is full of good times and your wedding is Beautiful!

nutti :p

Congratulations! Your cabinet idea sounds wonderful! You'll have to be sure to show us pictures as it progresses! :D

Hubby and I just celebrated 15 years! They've gone by so fast and I wouldn't trade him for anything . . . except for maybe that really expensive dollhouse on eBay . . . just kidding! :p

Enjoy your day!! :(