Death and Taxes

beachpeach

dont forget the deadline is Monday! it's the price we pay for living in this wonderful country, and Uncle Sam wants his piece. :whistle:

Unless you live in Massachusetts since Monday is a state holiday. And I believe at least part of CT send their taxes to Mass as well. Our deadline is Tuesday, but we have already gotten our refunds from both.

Carrie, we dont send to Andover anymore. I cant remember where but it is in the middle of the country!

I did my taxes in February. I am a tax nut. The minute the last paperwork comes in the mail I am on it like flies on....butterfinger chocolate!

I used to wait until April, but now i get my taxes done as soon as all paperwork comes in the mail (february). I haven't had to pay taxes for the last 4 years which is cool but i'd rather know sooner than later if i owe money...i'd rather know sooner than later if i'm getting any back :whistle:

dont forget the deadline is Monday! it's the price we pay for living in this wonderful country, and Uncle Sam wants his piece. :whistle:

Actually unless your state law is different you should have until the 17th since Monday is a holiday in D.C. there's an extra day this year.

Two more days! I can do it! Should be an absolute maximum of 14 more tax returns. I don't expect more than about 8 to 10 more.

Kathy <------ tax lady

yep, the federal deadline is the 17th. and in NC that's the filing deadline, too.

i just found that out this morning: whew! i was planning to enjoy the day running from pillar to post in search of state tax return materials.

i've got the federal stuff done but for some reason the state tax return materials never came, so i've gotta go hunt those down. all this makes me think i really should invest in a new printer for the computer .... sigh.

a funny: among the many things my partner did, she did tax prep work during "the season." and i'm a lawyer. so, she and i had a cool plan for retirement. we were going to get an RV, have a roving business, and call it Golden Years: Death and Taxes.

so we figured that she could do tax work and i could do simple wills, advance directives, things like that. we'd tour up and down the east coast during tax time, hang out at the RV parks and offer one-stop-shopping for the public. why not? :whistle:

so we figured that she could do tax work and i could do simple wills, advance directives, things like that. we'd tour up and down the east coast during tax time, hang out at the RV parks and offer one-stop-shopping for the public. why not? :)

Be sure and time your trips up and down the east coast to coincide with Miniature Shows!

-Susanne

Taxes are inevitable yes, but at least we still live where we can do what we want when we want. So far.....and he doesn't take it out of you in blood....... So pay up if you have to! And next year try to get them done sooner. We used to be slow in doing ours too, and now that we're retired, we get them in first thing and get them over with!

Wolfie