Do you know this kit?

Hallowell

:) Hi Guys.

I bought this building on Ebay a year or two ago and have not had a chance to work on it. It came with everything you see in the pictures and it looks like it had a wall seperating two rooms downstairs at one time. Anyone out there recognize it. Any info on the this kit appreciated. :)

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...m&album=937

By the look of the windows it reminds me of a Dura - Craft model. Apart from this I cannot think what this house could be called. Mmm even I am interested now, I am off to do a little bit of investigating. I'll let you know what I find out :)

:) Have nver seen anything like that, I do know that I have seen some of the English makes with a stari like that on the right, but they are front opening so that is a no go...

Hmm, plase share what you find out as this looks like a cutie-pie!!!

Hugs

The front upstairs window is identical to some of the Newberg windows, so I would guess definately Dura Craft. Other than that, I'm totally stumped.

:) Hi Anna

This is a cute building, I'm thinking of making a tiny apartment upstairs and a dollhouse shop downstairs. It's gonna be a fun project. The hard part is that it was put together with hot glue and there is tons of it everywhere. :)

:wave: Hi Anna

This is a cute building, I'm thinking of making a tiny apartment upstairs and a dollhouse shop downstairs. It's gonna be a fun project. The hard part is that it was put together with hot glue and there is tons of it everywhere. :)

Ack, hot glue... :) dratted!!! Sounds like you will have to do some serious hair dryer work on that little house then... ;)

Love the idea of a dollhouse shop! I am incorporating a dollhouse shop in my "Her Highness" and that has sort of taken over from a lot of other things that I should be focusing on, so I have made an agreement with Her Highness, one thing for her, two for the show... So far she isn't complaing that much!

Like the idea of an apartement upstairs a s well, kind of a packed living, a small kitchenette perhaps and a littte nook for the "bathroom" oh now I have an idea on how to finish my haunted house upstairs... Thanks!!!

Looking forward seeing your pics of this re-do!

Hugs

:) I totally agree that it's screaming for an awning. It came complete with a dress shop upstairs with tons of sewing extras and manaquins and the downstairs is full of bake shop items with cakes and pies, a cute bakers rack and a plump little baker. I paid somewkere between $35 and $65 for it, so I made out O.K.

I have the hairdryer standing by and I'm ready to gut this little house. :)

no idea, but that is a nifty exterior. you did good -- she is a Q T PIE!

am happily anticipating what your renovation will be. :)

Well, it mostly looks like a dura-craft Brookfield, but bashed. The upper small window has been eliminated, and the door has been changed.

See the Brookfield here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dura-Craft-BROOKFIELD-...1QQcmdZViewItem

The Columbian, which came before the Brookfield I think, did not have that upper window design like yours does, but the Brookfield does. Looks like they moved the staircase to the outside too, like perhaps they were trying to duplicate something, which is how a VERY VERY old house would have been--the staircase on the outside I mean.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's it. Just bashed a bit.

although I have no idea what kit it is...Ill leave that to Calimari or Wendi...I do think its a lil sweetie! and definatly needs an awning!

nutti :)

Yep. That's what makes it seem off. They left the porch off of it.

:) Thanx Linda

I think you might be correct, I was just looking at my house closely and I noticed that the ceiling in the downstairs once had a hole in the very center where a staircase would have been and then I looked under the house and found a tab slot where a downstairs wall would have been to the left of the staircase. Most of the windows look like Houseworks windows and the bay window does not look original, like it's too low. The outdoor staircase looks like it may have been meant for the interior but they lengthened it and attached it to the building with metal L brackets. I have totally enjoyed this little house investigation and thanx for the imput. Now I can go on with my own remodel of this little cutie. :)

Time to break out the hairdryer and loosen some of this aweful hot glue. :wave:

Please share pics of your progress along the way!!!

Man, I wish I would be able to find goodies like this around here... >sulking< but then again, it is soooo much fun seeing others work so I am not that moody really I suppose...

Hugs

Looks like a Bashed Tudor House by Dura Craft (Looking at the windows and the roofline). What a treat to find!!

By george, I do believe she's right!

Here ya go Greg. Not a good picture though.

post-6-1176042296_thumb.jpg