Greenleaf General Store

Wolfie

I am considering trading a doll for a made up General Store - however, it's made up as a Chinese Shop of sorts. I would be receiving it painted bright red on the outside with golden dragons and chinese lettering. It has a plexiglass top. The pictures are not great, but not bad either.......

I trust your opinions, do you think it's a good trade? How much work would be involved in refurbishing it? I have the RealLife General Store kit for shelving, etc. What do you think?

Wolfie

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I haven't redone any houses. I am really wanting a General Store. It doesn't seem to me that it would be too difficult to redo though. Some painting and adding the shelf unit you said you had. Is the plexiglass in good shape? No scratches or paint spots? In my opinion, I would say it was a good trade.

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them. I think I will go ahead and say yes.....I can always strip it out (I think) and redo the painting, etc. The plexiglass is in really good shape - I'm thinking of turning it into "Kasina's Studio" for the "Art of Oriental Dance!" It would be easy to cover the back wall with a mirror, and make a couple of small "dressing rooms" and a counter, add a little record player and some record jackets, put a barre in the back for stretching, etc. Have some "for sale" items of finger cymbols, veils, leotards, skirts, etc. Yes, I think this will be quite nice!

Wolfie

:blink:

Well I would definitley go for it Wolfie!!! Kasina definitley needs a place of her own!

This is how I used the General Store kit for the bike shop I made for hubby:

Hugs

Thank you so much for your kid words on the bike shop, it was a project done in secret as it was a birthday gift for my hubby, so I hid it in the wardrobe and hauled it out whenever I got home before him from work, made a few items, and then tucked it back again, traded bits and pieces to get all the bike parts etc etc, almost had a nervous break down over the ebya auction for the cash register...

As for the awning, I cut the fabric to fit the wooden flat trim that came with the kit, glued it on, sprayed it with a flat sealer so that I can dust it easily and added a couple of different shaped mini-mini bikes undeneath the support beams and there it is...

I do hope you will get the kit Wolfie as it was a charm to work with and has a lot of "room" inside as well as great accesibility to it with the plexiglass top...

Hugs

Thank you all for your good advice! I have made a bargain with the woman and she is sending the roombox to me next week! I'm trading her another doll for the roombox. It's already made up, and there are no extras. She is taking out all the furniture etc., so it will come empty. It's not electrified, but that's OK. I will repaint the exterior to a soft grey color - more light almost off-white - rather than the red. Will take off the chinese letterings, etc. It will have gold lettering hopefully in Arabic script. I have a large poly mirror in my stash that will become the back wall. And I have some black/white tile for the floor. I have the barre - dowel with holders at either end. I will clean up the windows in the front, and change the door out. The interior will probably be something more "oriental" than Chinese.....something probably more Arabic in nature - soft blue perhaps. Mystical. I need to make a record player or a boombox. I haven't seen either in any of the Nutshell News or Doll House MIniatures magazines yet. But will find something! As HavanaHolly says you can make anything if you set your mind to it! And she is right!

Again thanks for your input!

Wolfie

Kasina is a dazzler! i can hear those little finger cymbals. :whistle:

Anna, wow! the shop is really amazing. Super work, and all done in stealth! ! wow again, and congratulations!!

Wolfie, your shop is amazing. I don't know if it is anything like what you are looking for, but there is a record player in the September, 2006 issue of DHMiniatures listed with Joann Swanson's '70's dorm room along with record sleeves. I am sure your room is going to be gorgeous to match Kazina.

Thank you for all your advise. I have printed out Jim's stereo. I was not getting DH Miniatures in 2006 - in fact after I broke my leg and had to stop all activities like going up and down stairs for a while - and after DH Miniatures went away - I didn't know they had been bought by someone else for a while - I didn't see JoAnn Swanson's stereo. If someone would like to scan those instructions for me I truly would appreciate it. I have an old article of hers way back when, that has a stereo record player, but I'm hoping her newer one would be more realistic. I'm not overly fond of printies.......except for the money printies!

Anyway I found an old metal cash register the other day and am getting all of the "ingredients" to this roombox together in a box along with materials for gauzy curtins and drapes, a big mirror I was going to use in the Garfield bathroom, and some other assorted goodies.

Kasina will be the teacher there of course, and there will be some students in there as well. It should be a fun project!

Wolfie

Dear Wolfie,

The record player in 70"s dorm room, is square with a clear plastic top, with a turntable and an arm. It is a printie front. If it is what you are looking for, I will try to scan and send. It is from the 70's era.

Shirley

you will have fun with the general store. Kat, bobbi and I got the general store and I turned mine into a wizard shop :) It was great fun I tell you!

Bec

Which of course I need to finish. :) However do I work on it and get it finished up, or do I work on the houseboat, my dollhouse, my wizard's cave and castle tower, my trailer, my haunted house, my Christmas room, etc. etc. oh decisions, decisions. :):cheer::doh::rifle::cheer::):p :lol:

Hugs,

Kat

Which of course I need to finish. :) However do I work on it and get it finished up, or do I work on the houseboat, my dollhouse, my wizard's cave and castle tower, my trailer, my haunted house, my Christmas room, etc. etc. oh decisions, decisions. :) :wub: :doh: :yikes: :huh::banana::blink::ohyeah:

Hugs,

Kat

LOL, hmm, this scenario do sounds like something I feel familiar to??? ;)

But on the other hand, having multiple projects on the go is a good thing as well as one doesn't get bored with what one does...

Looking forward to following the progress with your array of projects!

Hugs