Back 'home' again!!

KarinL

Hi everyone,

I finally made it back. ;) We moved house these past two months. I was without internet access for a while, and without internet energy for a while longer. :o

And guess who had the most boxes? It's amazing how much space mini's take up - there must be 40 to 50 boxes in what is going to be my craft room... I did get all my shelves back up, but decided to focus on other areas before unpacking. I'm saving the best for last. :D

Of course then comes the fun of finding which of my supplies went into what box - and the joy of discovering said box is (naturally) at the bottom of the highest stack. :(

But at least now I know that all the stuff that's piled up in my craft room is stuff that I actually want and need. Lots of my 'maybe-someday-this-might-come-in-handy' stuff is gone. I'm now waiting for the inevitable moment that I will need them. :angry:

Welcome back, Karin, I don't envy you having to move! DS#1 advises he & his wife still have only three rooms of furniture in their new home (what they had in their tiny apartment in DC) they moved into in June :(

On the other hand, look at all the happy discoveries you shall make as you unpack :D

Welcome Back Karin! Wow, I don't even want to think about moving. That is what I was just chatting with Linda about. we are suppose to move next year and I have to pack some of this stuff away so I can sell this place too. I find myself throwing a lot of Junk away. :D Hope I don't regret it later. :(

Welcome back!

moving is alot of work but its also lots of fun...nothimng like getting to weed thru the junk and downsizeing(more shopping)

but when unpacking boxes one get to organize and find forgotten treasures!

have fun sorting your things....do you have space just for minis?

nutti :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well, actually it's the laundry room, but the washer/dryer don't take up much space, and I have old kitchen cabinets over them for my paints (OK, and one shelf is for soap flakes and fabric softener... LOL!), and a sink to rinse brushes, and I need the ironing board for mini stuff, too. :p The washer/dryer top are just extra work surfaces. :D

I now have my husband's old desk, which is about 8' long (it was custom-made for his old study and was wall-to-wall there), and shelving all around for my houses. As soon as I'm semi-unpacked I'll take pictures. :( I was unpacking a bit yesterday and just dancing with joy - there was actually *room* to dance between the shelves and the work table. :(:D :D

I hated the packing, but unpacking is actually a lot of fun. :D And my husband is happy, as we can now use the dining room table to eat from. :D :D

we can now use the dining room table to eat from. 

Oh, so THAT's what it's for! :p Since we got home from our trip we've been using ours for hobbies. One end is taken over by N-scale train gear & the Westville sits on the other end waiting to go to its new home. I've made sandpaper bricks, roofing slates & swap items in the middle.

Welcome back Karin! I hate the packing part too, but really enjoy the unpacking! It's like Christmas and you get to re-appreciate all the wonderful things that makes your house a home! :p

Congratulations on your move!! :D

We just cleaned out the Garage yesterday and I am so tempted to go down there with all of my stuff!. I am about to start on The Mckinley Kit soon and can't do it on my Island because it is too high up and this is a tall house. I don't want to use the table cause we'll have no place to eat till I am done LOL. So glad to see you are back!!

Decisions, Decisions :D:p

Tracy, I know how you feel! I have to get my room cleaned out so I can start my Buttercup/Canterbury bash . . . but with the back situation I'm having to wait!! Yucks! :D My family says patience is a virtue . . . I guess I'm virtueless!! :p

Tracy, thanks for the heads up about the size of the McKinley, I want to wait until the Westville & the Arthur are in their new homes and I can get the Glencroft downstairs before tackling that one. DH is very glad it's a wall-hanger. Right now I'm not sure what I'll do with the Haunted House, it really wants to be a "cutesy" house so far.

Teresa, tell your family that industriousness is a virtue, too, and you are feeling industrious. Seriously, you sound like me whenever I get "under the weather" :p

Right now I'm not sure what I'll do with the Haunted House, it really wants to be a "cutesy" house so far.

ooohhh dont I know it!

it was sooo hard to make it look the way it looks now because I could see pink and purple and pretty pastels.

if you really feel that way and are not a "Halloween" person why not do it that way...some little girl out there would thank-you ever so sweetly!

just because the kit is called a Haunted house doesnt mean it has to be one.

I kept having visions of the Westville as a Haunted house and it was very hard to do something else to it....that house would have had more done sooner if it would have just shut up! :(

it still sits in the back of my mind and whispers how the closet would make a nice stairwell and the attic is crying out for a coffin and cobwebs. asmall ghosti in the window....errrm do ya see what I mean?? it just dont quit. :p

good luck deciding!

nutti :D

Well, Holly, you remember the height of my island in the kitchen, right? I would never get to the top floors comfortably unless I sat in my bar stools and I only work standing up. I get comfortable and distracted when I sit down LOL.

Teresa, get better soon! Back pain is no fun at all and you don't want to make it worse by getting up too early!

Tracy, I know what you mean about having to work standing. I have three levels of horizontal work space in my little sunroom workshop and I used all three of them with the Glencroft. You have so much room in your garage (once you get all the kits into one place, that is) I was a little surprised you weren't set up there.