1:12 braided rugs?

Lisa_F

I've been searching for awhile now for a braided kitchen rug for my dh - but so far all I come up with are the regular dollhouse rugs and while some of them are beautiful, I just want an old fashioned oval braided rug for the kitchen :wave: Does anyone know of a source for these?

you could always make your own.

start by braiding embrodery thread

cut an oval or round shape you want your rug to be and start laying the braided part flat starting in the middle working your way out gluing as you go.

good luck on your search.

nutti :wave:

The method that works for me makes a "crocheted" rag rug, I draw out my rug on a piece of felt and chainstitch adjacent rows all over it with all six strands of embroidery floss; if you use strands of different colors and include a strand or two of variegated floss you get the effect of old printed fabric rags.

There are braided rug how-tos in the February 2006 American Miniaturist and February 2004 Dollhouse Miniatures. I know that I have at least one of those issues at home. let me know if you want a copy.

Jeri

Thanks for your help everyone! Jeri, I'd love to have a copy of one of the how-to's if it wouldn't be too much trouble :wave:

I'm going to tryout the other suggestions as well. Gotta run to Walmart on my next day off & get supplies to try them!