siding

Shakyshaky

Before there was 1/32" stripwood/ veneer there was posterboard and this is where a papercutter is very nice to have. As for painting, if it's acidfree it will probably hold its color if you seal the bejeezus out of the wood below to keep the acids in the wood from leaching though over time to turn your posterboard brown & brittle. I would go ahead and seal it and give it a coat of white paint just on general principles. As usual, I would also suggest trying out your idea on scrap wood to see how you like it & how you want to proceed.

I would go ahead and seal it and give it a coat of white paint just on general principles.

ditto to what holly said. its always good to be safe. and that way you dont have to worry about painting around the trims someday when it starts to turn color a little!

sounds like a great idea, i cant wait to see pics!

Okay so I don't have any poster board around but I did find 4x6 cards. So the first atempt is waiting fo rthe glue to dry. I think I will paint over it just to give the whole thing a more uniform look.

What spacing do you guys use? I did a sample with 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch.

And that is just regular card stock??? Wowser, looks great!!! Did you paint it or anything like that or is it "just" put in place? Like the effect it achieves!

Hugs and thanks for sharing!