New format for postings?

Is there a new format now for the threads and posts? Or is it me doing something different? When I click on a topic all of the replies are listed below in link form and you have to open each one.

Is this new? If so, I hate to be negative but I don't like that format at all.....this site already loads very slowly on my pc because of all the graphics and now i have to click on ever single reply just to read a whole thread whereas before they were all just listed on the same page. It is taking a good deal of time just to read an entire thread if there are a lot of replies.

Is there an option to view threads in the old format? this is frustrating. :wave:

The new Valentine motif is great but the thread views is hard on those of us with slower PC's. :(

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but maybe this will help: When I log on, I go to the top of the screen where there's a line of directions, beginning with "logged in as: (my name"). Proceed down and there's a place to click on "view new posts". That'll bring up a screen of just the posts that are new since you were last here. Maybe that will help?

Otherwise, it seems to appear pretty much as it did before the upgrade. Just some new features, and it seems to upload photos more quickly. I've got dial-up access and it used to take forever for me to add to albums.

Yep. Think you're looking for the "New Postings" thingee. Try that.

As to the speed, If the problem is the valentine motif, you can change it by going to the bottom of your screen. There's a box marked "RSS". Click on the arrow and select "Driftwood". See if your computer can load it faster using this background 'cause it appears to have fewer graphics in it.

Go up to the top of this topic where it says "New format for postings?". If you look all the way over to the right of that you will see a button that says Options. Click that button and select Standard View. I hope that helps Ginger!

Thanks!

Dean

Mine didn't default to anything, glad to say! Because I use "fast reply" most of the time I'm delighted that we can now use some of the options we have with "add reply"; being on dial-up at home, it enhances my replies.