My Laurel

SabrinaO

I have added some moree Pictures of My first house the Laurel... All though there is more then what got posted for some reason or another webshots was haveing a issue loading some of them. All I really have left is The last of the shingles and Exterior and interior Deco.

Plz have a look and let me know what ya think or any suggestions would be great.

My Laurel

Hugsss :D

Sabrina

Oh Boy! Let me tell Ya I was saying things to Webshots you shouoldn't even say on Sundays! lol I was getting so frustrated because I tryed to upload them like 5,6,7 times and they eb there then Poof they was gone. OMG i was mad lol because out of all thosoe trys and it only uploaded a couple of them then just refused to let me load any more and just kept giveing me a error when i would go to look at my albuum to see them. they would be there after upload but then to go look at the actual page they disappear . :D Needless to say I am going to try again tommorow and hopefully it will let me load the rest of them. Anyhow *finshes barking about webshots* I got a Idea how I want to do each room But i am not sure if it like a them... I am hopeing it will all tie into each other. and turn out ok/// I want to make some hanging planters for the outside but I am not quite sure how to go about that part any suggestions?

Hugssss

Sabrina

I want to make some hanging planters for the outside but I am not quite sure how to go about that part any suggestions?

Check your local library for books on macrame, back when it was a BIG craft fad (in the late '60s/early '70s) everyone was making hanging planters, and with a few ornamental beads & some crochet cotton I would think a few mini planters would be just the touch. I've seen really small brass "cuphooks" at the hardware store a short while back that you could use to hang your planters from.

Sabrina, I made the hanging planters on my Beacon Hill by purchasing those little terra cotta pots and hot gluing wire to the inside edges after creating a hook by wrapping the wire around a pencil. Then I used a regular sized silk plant and just cut off the tips and glued them into the pot. You can view the pictures at my photoalbum. They are on the front porch. You can use any kind of plant you like!

You can also purchase hanging plants from Ebay if you chose to go that way. I've seen quite a lot of nice ones there.

Ohhh MMW Love your Beacon! Thank you for the ideas... It didn't even cross my mind about the macromae or useing wire ... I am going to have to try these. (unfortunatley our local library here is HUGE but it mostly has geneolgy area like a huge room and mostly childrens books they have a very very small area for everything else) I did think about dolls and I did pick one up Sunday when I had went to ToysR us. they have these familys called... Loveing family and I decided to get the Grandma and her kitty. :o

Hugsss Sabrina

Sabrina, the Laurel looks wonderful. You are inspiration to me, as I have been working on my Laurel for a week now. I am only up to priming the individual parts, but have been slow with all the sanding and splinters. (I need to stop running my finger over the edge to check for smoothness.) I'll keep close watch for your interior pics in the future.

Josi

The Laurel I think is a Great start for a Beginner like Myself.I can't Wait to see Pics of yours and see your Progress! and yes the splinters are definetly No fun lol I had plenty of them in my fingers and feet.( When i am home I am suaully barefooted, I really gotta wear at least socks.) ;) Keep Me posted ! :)

Hugsss

Sabrina

P.S. Thanks.

When i am home I am suaully barefooted, I really gotta wear at least socks.

I grew up in S FL and it took several battles & an act of congress to get my feet into shoes. Since I've retired I have a pair of ancient Birkie sandals I keep between the soles of my feet & the floor, with a pair of socks on a rare, cold day in the workroom, or if I must be seen in public.

It isn't just splinters, when I'm installing mini hardware I occasionally lose on of those pesky tiny brass brads or the heads of the dressmaker steel pins I cut off to make pivot pins, or the points of the same when I've used one as a mini nail.

The room gets vacuumed at the end of a work-frenzy, but otherwise I'm too nearsighted to find those potential tetanus-sources, so protect my feet & toes.

Your Laurel is so cute.

ROFL, I hear ya... I am always stepping on something..I don't wear sneakers to Much If I must put on anything to go anywhere it is usally a pair of sandals from the buncle of them I own .*giggles* I am constantly doing some kinda of craft so there is always something to step on. I suppose with me being legally blind I should Vacum my floors at least once a day Cause I am even more likely. to stepping on something. lol

Hugsss

Sabrina

My Webshots! ;)

• 1 month later...