Pierce for Charity

Hallowell

I got a call last night for me to do an appraisal on a dollhouse tha a local sportman club wants to sell for their charity work helping kids. I went to chek it out and saw it was a Greenleaf Pierce dollhouse, it is not wired and has no flooring or wallpaper in it. They told me it was built by a former member of their club about 20 years ago. The paint on the outside is just okay. They were hoping to get between $400 and $500, but I told them I thought that it was unlikely they would get anything near that. It does come with lots of inexpensive furniture but I doubt the amount they want. I made an offer of $150 without the furniture. I want to be fair and the money goes to a great cause. What do you guys think?

Sounds like a fair offer for a kit assembled and also especially because it benifits charity. I paid $50.00 for my Pierce from Ebay in kit form. It does takes a fair amount of time to assemble. However, $400-$500 for a shell, is dreamy dreamy time. It's not the walls that make the house, its what you do extra on top of the general instructions that will make this house a home. A coat of paint does nothing for the value of a house. Quality wallpaper, finishes, lighting, windows, siding etc is where the value will start to add up as you well know. With the quality of work that you do I'm sure you can turn this into a masterpiece as you usually do. Hope you get it!!!

I made an offer of $150 without the furniture.

I think your offer was fair, and you can pull of the rehab. They'd never get $400-$500 for it from anyone who knows about dhs. The only other thing you might have done would have been to offer to rehab it where it would bring at least that much!