Glueing windows

Glenmore

My question is when gluing the windows do you put them outside or inside the house. House coming along nicely for me and Nancy had a couple mistakes that weren't to hard to fix. I broke one of the handles for the steps though. Might be able to fix that though. But the magnola house is coming into shape. Thanks sorry I can't remeber who gave me the link to the photo album it was a real help. I got the steps in and the second floor installed along with the fire place. Going to work on the front porch and balconies tomorrow. If the doctor doesn't keep that long. Thanks for the welcome and all the help. :)

Hi Glenmore . . . I assume you mean the plastic part of the window? I glue it to the wrong side of the interior wood trim and then glue the whole thing to the appropriate window wall. Make sure, though, that the 'right' side of the window faces out!

Hope that answers your question!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!! :)

On the other hand ...

I was looking at the windows in the Primrose tonight and have decided that if I glue the plastic to the inside of the OUTSIDE window frame, there will be two layers of wood inside (the house and the inside frame), which would be wide enough to glue in a narrow window sill for a plant or cat or such.

I haven't done a Magnolia. Maybe it already has window sills, in which case I'd do the same as the above suggestions.

I think it depends on whether you want your sills to be inside the house or outside; the schematics sheets seem to indicate the sills go on the outside, so the acetate inserts would attach to the wrong side of the interior frame. I made all my Glencroft windows to be working windows and hinged them between the exterior of the house and the exterior trim. Kind of like Gulliver's discovery of the Big Endians and the Little Endians in Lilliput; go with what's convenient for you!