sales coming at Jo-Ann's

newt

howdy,

Jo-Anns is having some good sales running 12 to 15 January.

A clerk told me that after that there will be an even bigger sale.

have been making mini raids at the area craft stores, and so i'm passing this on to the forums folks in case anybody might want to know. am feeling like a lucky prospector, getting ready to go and work at my stake after getting my gear at Brimble's . :blink:

So! at the Jo-Ann's stores here there are coupons, so i'm guessing those will be available all around.

there are two 50% off coupons for any regular priced items. oooo!

AND

50% off sales for ALL "cutting implements," oooooo! again!

40% off all glues and tapes (except for guns and sticks), aaaah!

their "open stock" paper (not "specialty papers" ??) is discounted. The packs of foamies sheets are discounted. There coupons for an additional 50% off some fabrics, and for their clearance items, and there's a good range of discounts on threads, fabrics, yarns, picture frames, and lots more.

note: no, i do not own stock in Jo-Anns.

Ahhh, it would be about 8 hours of flight getting to the nearest JoAnns, but then again think of all other wonderful mini-srouces avaliable at the same time, like hutches at Michaels, those Dollar stores I keep hearing about, OK, I need to sit down, ventilate in a paper bag or something like that....

Hyperventilating hugs

I wish we had a nice Joanne's. The local one looks like a bomb went off inside 20 years ago and no one has bothered to clean up since. I rarely shop there anymore because of the filth. Is the website a good one?

I wish we had a nice Joanne's. The local one looks like a bomb went off inside 20 years ago and no one has bothered to clean up since.

Ahhhh... the key is to find a Joann Etc., one of the big, bright, clean superstores. These are fairly rare, unfortunately. The whole chain was supposed to switch over to the new format, but they never did, and some regions have no good ones at all.

The bad ones literally don't pay their suppliers on time, which is why you'll sometimes see empty racks where thead and zippers used to be. Someone who worked at one told my mother that store management at these stores also won't keep staff on the clock to make the displays look halfway decent, thus the bombed-out look.

Anna, Jo-Ann's has a website...

Well, yes... but there is nothing compare to actually being htere, turning all those lovley fabrics pawing away at them sort of dreaming on what you might do with them and what uses they wil have <getting a somewhat dreamy look> oh gawd what wiould I do to be able to browse some serious crafting stores for as long as my feet will allow me.... :)

Hugs

Ah, Anna, that's why I bemoan the dwindling supply of brick & morter miniature shops. I don't care what the catalog picture looks like, it's not the same as actually seeing the items up close & touching them to decide if you want them. It's why DH knows not to schedule anything on days he takes me to Ron's or to Miniature Memories.