Need opinion on Rouen Walnut parquet floors

caitejay

ooo Im keeping and eye on this with interrest!

my Granville has been promised wonderful wood floors and the medalions are something I have eyed over the years

so when you do it we will see some step by step photos?

a tutorial of sorts?

Happy Building

nutti :D

I'm stepping into the realm of parquet floors too. I got the Greenleaf birch floor tiles and am going to try my own which has me a little nervous too. I mean, I like jigsaw puzzles, but I've never made one before. :D I've got my stains and the tiles and Peggi gave me some great suggestions and there's Donna's floors as total inspiration, so I'm gonna give it a shot. (and I got the GL vinyl tiles as a back up just in case things don't work out well)

Speaking of parquet, say the word out loud. C'mon. Everyone all together: "Parquet".

Okay, now how many of your answered yourself with "butter".

<cackle>

Deb

ooo Im keeping and eye on this with interrest!

my Granville has been promised wonderful wood floors and the medalions are something I have eyed over the years

so when you do it we will see some step by step photos?

a tutorial of sorts?

Happy Building

nutti :D

I will, but it won't be for a little while. I need to finish my San Fran first and have a couple of other non-mini projects I need to focus on for a little while.

I'm stepping into the realm of parquet floors too. I got the Greenleaf birch floor tiles and am going to try my own which has me a little nervous too. I mean, I like jigsaw puzzles, but I've never made one before. :roflmao: I've got my stains and the tiles and Peggi gave me some great suggestions and there's Donna's floors as total inspiration, so I'm gonna give it a shot. (and I got the GL vinyl tiles as a back up just in case things don't work out well)

Speaking of parquet, say the word out loud. C'mon. Everyone all together: "Parquet".

Okay, now how many of your answered yourself with "butter".

<cackle>

Deb

:D I did....I answered with "butter".

I am currently in the design stage of a wood floor. I have some tools on order and when they get here I will get started.

You Go Girls and Guys!!!!!!

I love doing the Parquet floors it gives the rooms depth. I have seen the medalions in life and it is great.

The way I got started is hubby found a deal on popsticks and bought three boxes full (5000 sticks) what to do????? So floors it was.

I just am finishing another star burst floor. I recived a woodworking mag that had patterns for hardwood wall quilts using the diamond shapes peiced together,looks like I going to have more floors to do.

I just am finishing another star burst floor. I recived a woodworking mag that had patterns for hardwood wall quilts using the diamond shapes peiced together,looks like I going to have more floors to do.

Oh wow, can't wait to see pictures. These floors are truly beautiful.

Kat