gingerbread houses

dollshousegirl

I have put some photos of gingerbread houses my mum has sent me in my greenleaf misc album. I think she said a friend of hers found them, and it was a competition in Florida. Has anyone in that part of the world heard of it? They are very clever esp. the winner, isn’t it clever they have even made furniture inside from sugar (must be a miniaturist who made that)

post-315-1167747310_thumb.jpg

Did you see the big one in (I think St. Louis) the mall? It was like 72 feet tall. Couple of TONS of candy. Tons of gingerbread. They made a house frame like for a real house and instead of siding and drywall, it was gingerbread and candy inside and out. You could walk through it. The whitehouse does a gingerbread house of the whitehouse every year. This years was the biggest and weighed 350 pounds.

I think the one they do in FL is at Disney World. The Food Channel did a gingerbreadhouse contest last year, I hope they'll do another, the Frank Loyd Wright "Falling Water" in gingerbread was really something to see. One of the other houses was like a dollhouse with furniture & pictures on the walls.