DIET RESOLUTION TIME

SuzyQ

Hi everyone, went back to the dr. and I had lost 5 more pounds....I asked again to make sure I heard her right.....I thought I had put on weight....went down another size..........

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, its still here....its getting spring and that is a sign...I need to get in gear and start walking again....my goal is to loss 40lbs...by oct......wish me luck...man I will need it....

I think the motivation waned with the weather...(and valentine`s candy)

But now that all the new spring clothes (and summer is coming..ACK!) we all might get into the groove again.

I havent gained any weight..stayed the same...the still blobby same...Maybe some more work in the yard will help whittle away the lbs.

when I meet my goal....he sets another one
It's a whole lot easier to stay on task when you are achieving realistially set short-term goals than if the Doctor suddenly announces, "MY GOD! You need to lose xxx pounds by _ _ _ ." Medical professionals with any sort of experience & insight know it's much safer and much more likely to be complied with if they give you a small goal and when you achieve it they set another small goal. When my doctor put me on "his" diet he informed me I'd be hungry all the time and I told him there was no way I was going to stay on any diet that made me feel constantly hungry, I'd find some way to feel fed or it wouldnn't work; so I used the info I got in nutrition class and his diet and a lot of the low-fat & fat-free products that are out there now, and I have cut out everything I'm not supposed to have (surprisingly no cravings). It took me about a year to internalize the changes and then the Doc put DH on the same diet, too!

his diet and a lot of the low-fat & fat-free products that are out there now, and I have cut out everything I'm not supposed to have (surprisingly no cravings).

he has me on a 1000 calorie diet....which is working great for me ...like Holly said with the low-fat and fat-free products....I do great.....and I don't get hungry either.....he and I agreed when I lost the other weight that was it....well I was told 40 more....I can do it and loss more if I want....but I'm losing it slow....that way I want put it back on.....

I say my diet will change again here shortly.....will have to wait and see....