YeahImaDad

That looks like an interesting structure - I really like the large window openings, they make me think of Morocco! Glad you posted a gallery. It will be fun to follow you along as you build. :unsure:

the large window openings on the right side is/are missing the bay window attachment which I am currently constructing, the 2 large openings will soon be 6 double hung windows with bench seating on the inside.

the large opening on the lower right will be a double french door going out onto a 12x10 deck which is already constructed. I posted updated pics today since I had a little free time :D to work on it.

It is really taking shape! I just had a thought ... are you measuring doorway widths on your "real" house, and will the dollhouse fit through them? In case you ever move, or want to put the dh in a different floor/room of your full-size house. :D

It is really taking shape! I just had a thought ... are you measuring doorway widths on your "real" house, and will the dollhouse fit through them? In case you ever move, or want to put the dh in a different floor/room of your full-size house. :music_band:

yes i did happen to measure the doors and the dh just clears by 1/4" at an angle

the front of the house (side with large window openings) is in 2 sections each will be hinged on opposite sides. :groupwave:

Happy New Year To All! :doh:

I was thrilled to discover this website! Just a little confused about how things are done here! My dad and I built a dollhouse together when I was 15 years old (yikes! 30 years ago!), and I still have it, and I have so much fun remodeling, swapping out furniture, adding, decorating for holidays, etc....I have two sons who were interested in it until they discovered cars and girls, so I am holding out for granddaughters. I recently found a dollhouse kit at a garage sale. It is Greenleaf's Canterbury kit...I took it home for $2.00. I am very excited about putting it together. It looks like it is complete except for one thing, and that is the one thing that I need the most...the instructions. I found the download center and I found the assembly instructions that I need, but I was unable to retrieve them. What do I need to do to be able to download those directions? I really want to get started on this house tonight!

Ottersmom

That was a terrific find! (I don't think I've seen the Canterbury. Did you mean the Coventry Cottage? I have that one - I haven't put it together, even though I bought it many years ago. I read the instructions, was overwhelmed, and decided I didn't have the time just then to build it. My children were young at the time, but now I have no excuse!) :doh: Welcome to the forum! If you don't get a reply from this posting, then try posting a request for instructions in General Mini talk.

I don't think I've seen the Canterbury.

Jackie, somewhere Tracy has posted pictures of Greenleaf's discontinued kits, I don't remember if that's where I saw the Canterbury's picture; but one of our members bashed her Canterbury with a Buttercup kit & it turned out awesome (and I can't remember who, of course...).

well today i realized that i am now addicted to miniatures. I have taken a break from working on the doll house to build a towable concession stand. Ill have pics to post later. I am still working on a name for it.. I was thinking " The Patty Wagon" :welcome: you know.. hamburger patties....

Pictures, Geoff, we wanna see the Patty Wagon when it's done. The sides of the plastic berry baskets make great grill grids, you can paint them black and line up little polyclay 'burgers in various states of doneness. What fun!

well today i realized that i am now addicted to miniatures.

We did warn you didn't we :welcome: :ohyeah:

You are making great progress on the dollhouse. Now where is the Patty Wagon's pictures?

... Now where is the Patty Wagon's pictures?

I posted 2 in the gallery. I would have gotten more completed on it but we were hit with a snow storm :) ...fun fun fun

Edited by Suhn2Bdad