YeahImaDad

Found this site by accident( on purpose?) and HAD to join in. I have built 3 kits in the past, although that was a "few" years ago. My wife and I are adopting and I will be building a dollhouse for our daughter not from a kit. I used a "the houseworks:build 3 complete house styles" book and redesigned a 2 bedroom1 bath house into a L shaped 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house complete with deck/patio and jacuzzi room. yes, I plan to post pics as I go.It was nice buiilding the others as gifts but to build one from "scratch" for my daughter, this will be nice! :( Oh i was babbling.. Hello to one and all ! :(

Hello, and welcome! :(

and EXCITED CONGRATULATIONS on your adoption!!! bet you can hardly wait!

we'll look forward to all the photos you can stand to send, of your daughter, her house, and the smiles,

What a sweet treat for your new addition!

I just hope you don't build it SO well (and expensively) that you'll do like my dad did with a train set -- built the train set "for his son", and then wouldn't let him PLAY with it til he was a teenager!! :(

We'll look forward to the pictures...of the dollhouse and your daughter!

:( , Geoff (my youngest's middle name), we are so very glad to :( you to the forum. Our eldest DS is adopted and my hat's off to you & your DW for being willing to jump through the hoops.

DH & I "scratch-built" our first DGD's first dh using Tangerman''s book and it was a real learning experience when we discovered the cutting plan for the second floor had been reversed! My repertoire of *magic* building words expanded exponentially.

We are expecting our second DGD VERY SOON and I already have one ready to give her!

Hi and welcome to the forums! I have the up most respect for those that can build a house from scratch!! That is very cool!!

But then again I have the up most respect for all mini builders :(

hi and welcome again! I look forward to seeing your pics!

Welcome!

Congratulations on your new daughter. :ohyeah:

What a lucky little girl ---- and lucky you!

What a wonderful blessing for your family.

Go ahead and babble, we like to hear this kind of good stuff.

You will find many caring people here to cheer you on.

That dollhouse will be an gift of love she will treasure always.

Nancy

one of your post can be to tell us about your color ideas..... paper or paint?

and thing special on the outside...siding? stucco? timber?

you should take a gander at Glen's Baby's house! wonderful inspiration to be found there with the build and the electrics. Baby can turn the lights on and off in each room and all the switches are neatly tucked away.

the wonders of scratch builds and customizations!

Happy Building

nutti :o

:whistle: , ...DH & I "scratch-built" our first DGD's first dh using Tangerman''s book and it was a real learning experience when we discovered the cutting plan for the second floor had been reversed! ..."

I found out using the book I have for reference has quite a few key measurements left out ,some of the instructions are confusing even after reading numerous times over and over.. kind of like : step 1. throw the grenade. step 2 pull the pin. but it is looking good .I posted pics in the gallery and I will have more soon. :D

Edited by Suhn2Bdad