Attaching Doors to Harrison

Karen99

I found a partial description  in one of my Team Glencroft blog entries.  I cut the strips of chamois 1/4" wide and 1/2" long.  In the case of doors I use three strips; one near the top, one near the bottom and one evenly spaced between the two.  I glue half the width of each strip to the inside of the door half on the edge I want the door to open from and then glue the other half of the door and clamp the halves together until they dry.  Then I glue the other half to the edge of the doorway opening and glue the frame over that andlay it flat and weigh it with a heavy book until the glue dries.  That's the way I used to hinge doors and casement windows.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Karen, Love your porch and how you have it decorated for Fall!  I replaced my Harrison Dollhouse front door with a Houseworks Crossbuck door that already has a frame attached.  My door fits snugly in place within the dollhouse door opening. No glue was needed.  I will attach my Pinterest link with the picture of my door.  I am not able to add pictures to the gallery. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your dollhouse. 

Lori

https://pin.it/3gpBEtw

• Like 1