Could someone tell me what the ceiiling height of the the Willow Dollhouse is?  Thinking of purchasing and wonder if I would be able to replace the doors and windows with standard dollhouse (non-Greenleaf) elements.

Thanks!!!!

Ceiling height is 8.5inches. I am doing a Willow currently. You shouldn't have a problem upgrading the windows and doors. The walls are only 1/8inch in thickness, so the windows will stick out about 1/8 of an inch. It is easily fixable.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your response, Carrie!  The additional info that you provided is in-valuable!!! Have a GREAT day!!!

PS:  Love your Blog!!!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PapaJKK
      All the window parts. After sanding, filling, sanding, and more sanding, painting, sanding, painting and sealing, the windows are ready for assembly. I chose to glue the top frame in and only the bottom frame opens. This helped make a rigid window frame that can be handled without falling apart. Notice the gluing jig I made for assembly. 
    • By PapaJKK
      15 windows, 11 pieces per window, 161 total pieces. Nice to have that bit finished. 
    • By hdatsopoulos
      Hello Everyone! I recently acquired not 1, but 2, Magnolia Dollhouse kits from Corona Concepts. My parents found the boxes tucked in the back of a closet when they moved into a new apartment. When they pulled the boxes out and realized what they were, I got really excited, because I love building dollhouses, and the Magnolia was one that I always toyed with buying. It was like Christmas in July! However, it looks like I’m missing pieces, that I will either need to build myself or reorder. I already know that I’m missing 24 of the 32 window sashes that I need. Let the building challenge begin! 
    • By croute
      Hi all- new to this forum and building houses.
      I would like to know how you put in the windows so they don't get glue all over them.
      I also want to know what the best method is to remove wood glue from the windows. Thanks in advance!
    • By MC
      I'm now on to my third dollhouse, and unlike the first two which were purchased kits, this doll house is a rescue!!  Found on a street curb, it was really in pretty good shape. The original builder did a good job constructing the house; the shingles are a lesson in perfection; the painting and wallpaper show a better than average understanding of how to handle these tasks; floorings were in good shape and installed with double sided tape.  Yes, there are a few loose shingles, the door is broken along with the porch.  Biggest problem is the outside wall are dado cuts to mimic siding and the builder reversed the front and glued the siding side inside rather than outside.  That will be easily remedied with Greenleaf siding strips.  This will soon be the Farmhouse I envision.
      But I desperately want to replace the windows.  The large front windows are a bit smaller than standard size--I'll enlarge opening to accept new windows.  However, the dormer windows are rectangular rather than square and an irregular size.  I have not been able to identify the dollhouse, so there is no chance of finding manufacturer to see if there is a more current window style available.  I am now faced with going where I haven't gone before and building my own windows.
      Any suggestions or words of advice out there?