My "new" Newport

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this forum and have really appreciated everything I have learned about all things miniature here.  I have recently caught the bug to build or rehab a dollhouse, and while I do have a couple that I'm currently working on (a Walker Strawberry Patch and a Hofco Federal Victorian), I had to share this RGT Newport that recently fell into my lap.  I found a listing for this house on FB marketplace from a very generous person who built it herself and sold it to me along with all of its furnishings for a very modest sum (I'm leaving the specifics out since it's entirely possible she's a member here!).  I am absolutely in awe of this house and everything she did to build and decorate it.  Her husband told me she built it about 10 years ago, and a lot of the pieces inside it are German.  It's definitely at least part plywood (based on visuals and the fact that it was unexpectedly light). I am hard pressed to think of anything I want to do to it right now other than maybe figure out how to get a couple of the light fixtures working again.  Anyways, I just wanted to share this beauty with all of you. :) 

347364764_5970962809696589_3134152413703

346469419_6187727447941258_3160429066854

• Like 3

21 hours ago, FurMama said:

The piece in the center of the kitchen is a bodo henning piece I believe so that would be German. Congratulations! Lovely house in great shape! 

So, the sewing machine and mannequin in the upper left room are definitely Hennig.  But that piece you are pointing at was alone in a little baggie with a loose JBM label.  I guess it's possible it had ended up in the bag accidentally, but I had assumed it was JBM (though I'm too new at any of this to have a strong opinion!) 

I thought the cabinet along the kitchen wall was a Bodo Hennig piece; I've seen one like it in a museum gift catalogue that labeled it so.  That little white island piece could be JBM, as they made some really nice pieces as well as acceptable knock-offs.

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I thought the cabinet along the kitchen wall was a Bodo Hennig piece; I've seen one like it in a museum gift catalogue that labeled it so.  That little white island piece could be JBM, as they made some really nice pieces as well as acceptable knock-offs.

Oh I'm not in front of the house right now, but I'm 99% the cabinet on the right side of the kitchen has a Reutter tag on the back (Reutter is definitely the label that is most common on the pieces I've pulled out thus far).  I'll post some closeups of the rooms later this week when I'm back home :) 

You might want to consider making an album of your photos in the Gallery here; there's a bandwidth limit to the number of photos you can put directly into your posts, but no limit that I know of to how many photos you can post in the Gallery.