I got my white Orchid!!!!

peggyquade

post-924-1165968244.gif

Thank you Dean! The UPS guy just delivered my White Orchid dollhouse kit! I am so excited! This has been an amazing few days, I have to tell you. Two days at an old Victorian Officer's quarters in Fort Worden, WA with my huge family. Officer's Row is a series of Victorian duplexes built in 1904. Each side of the duplex has 5 bedrooms, a living room with a fireplace, a dining room with a fireplace, floor to ceiling windows, two of the bedrooms upstairs have fireplaces (I got one of those...it was just a dream), all the old cornices and baseboards, painted tin ceilings, a huge 'L' shaped covered porch. My family is so big that we actually rented both sides of one of the duplexes so we had the whole place to ourselves. The kids loved it. Most of the adults gathered in one side's living room and the kids had the run of the other side. A double landing staircase in the front of the house leads up to the second floor and, much to the kids delight, another staircase snaked down from the opposite end of the upstairs down to the kitchen at the back of the house. Round and round they went. They played hide and seek! They played out on the covered porch when it got dark out. I took a lot of pictures for inspiration. It was amazing. And then I come home, put leftover turkey in a big pot to boil for soup and then the UPS guys knocks on my door. How much better can it get? Thanks again, Dean, for making mine a 'white' Christmas! ;)

I'm pretty sure my white Orchid is going to be a wedding dress/hat shop. Here are a few examples of some of the wedding dresses that are my inspiration (from House of Charlotte):

post-924-1165969377_thumb.jpg post-924-1165969418_thumb.jpg post-924-1165969459_thumb.jpg post-924-1165969484_thumb.jpg

Peggy, congrats on getting your kit! I got mine today as well! First thing i did when i got home was open the box and take out all of the sheets! I even popped out a small piece to see how easily i could do it! That was cool, it comes out soooo easily!

The wedding dresses are beautiful, i really can't wait to see your interpretation of them and your white orchid built!

Margarita: what are your plans for your White Orchid?

Kathie: I am going to try my hand at crocheting the gowns...they are made for 11 1/2" dolls but I'm going to order a pattern, use as small a guage of thread as I can and as small of a crochet hook as I can handle and see how it goes!

Margarita: what are your plans for your White Orchid?

I'm not really sure yet. I like the idea of an all black and white house with a bit of red here and there, but i'm thinking more of something dreamy...cool blues, shimmering silver, crystal...

I just don't know yet! ;)

:congrats: Congratulations, Peggy!! How exciting. I love the brides' dress shop idea. I can't wait to see it and your dresses. Let me know how it works to make the dresses smaller. I was thinking about learning how to crochet (the one needle type my mother hasn't taught me yet) to try one.