American Craft Products

Country Lady house

Sorry, American Craft has been out of business for a long time. What pieces are missing?

I'm not familiar with the Country Lady, so I googled it and found these instructions on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155347338798

(I'm including the pictures here since the auction will go away at some point.)

This seems like a variation on American Craft's Victorian dollhouse. Once the "optional tower" is added, it looks very similar to the Victorian (but a mirror image).

country-lady2.jpg

country-lady1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Country Lady is just a smaller version of the Victorian house that ACP made. The company started under the name Carlson's, so if you look for any building components for them, make sure to look under ACP, American Craft Products, and Carlson's.

The other thing to remember is their staircases are only 2 1/2" wide. Staircases you buy today are 3" wide, so if you are using anything but an ACP staircase, your stairwells will need to be widened.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello I’m looking for anyone who is building or built a house. Mine is the American Craft Victorian that I’m still working on after 30yrs.  I’m just searching for a dollhouse friend that we could share our problems with. Had a terrific shop here in Illinois that sadly closed.  I’m not aware of another like it.

Welcome to the forum Carole! Head on over to the Newcomers section and introduce yourself, if you haven't already. That will give you 2 posts. You need 5 to start an album in the gallery. We love eye candy here and pictures help when you have problems and need help. Notice I said when not if 😆 we all have them. I too have a house or 2 that I've been working on for years. It's a journey enjoy! 

On 2/4/2023 at 3:06 PM, Country Lady house said:

Looking for information on American Craft Products wooden dollhouse.  Country Lady is house I started many years ago & now jut getting back to it.  Some of the pieces have disappeared so trying to see if anyone still makes this.  

Thanx,

Linda

• 3 months later...

I worked for them back in the 1980's and I made that kit.  Anything you need kan be easily made if you have a table saw and a router.  I am selling the one I made.  And I have many extra pieces.  Tell me what you need.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2023 at 4:03 PM, Carole Brennan said:

Hello I’m looking for anyone who is building or built a house. Mine is the American Craft Victorian that I’m still working on after 30yrs.  I’m just searching for a dollhouse friend that we could share our problems with. Had a terrific shop here in Illinois that sadly closed.  I’m not aware of another like it.

I may be late to this post but I also have an ACP Victorian.  Received as a kid, built with dad, picked up again after his passing and my aging.  I joined this forum and pulled away.  Not interested in procrastinating any longer.  Curious to see your house status and progression.  Here's an image of mine...

IMG_2792.PNG