VT Farmhouse Jr -Newbie build

J_Sea

I’ve officially started! Squared and primed the outer walls tonight. Bought my floor stencils and flower box and hanging garden flowers. The house will be a pale sea glass green with darker green and white accents/trim. Pink and purple flowers and a grey roof and stone foundation. Have to figure out how to resize iPhone photos but excited to share my future progress 🎈I’m picturing a modern boho interior with a classic gardens exterior

That sounds very pretty! iPhone pictures are pretty huge when you first take them, but one trick is to email them to yourself using Apple's mail app. It should give you an option to send the picture at a smaller size, and then you can just download that attachment and post it in the gallery here.

• Like 1

One day I’ll be fancy enough for my own album- so far I’ve paint led the outside, done a dry fit Β and made a lot of plants :)Β progress?!?

DBB42C42-E446-4D00-A6C5-D72C6B0AB205.jpeg

AFD606DE-2781-499F-91F7-A0758D770771.jpeg

0A52CB8A-8BB8-42E9-AC25-CF02064C8568.jpeg

Edited by J_Sea
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dyed the shingles today- think I found an easier way! Used a large plastic container that had grapes in it (has holes), piled all the shingles in there and dipped the whole thing in a dye bucket and swirled. Then laid the shingles out to dry. Easy peasy!

3F54EBB1-9004-42B1-9C31-5A4153230294.jpeg

• Like 3

I made the armchairs and a few other things for the farmhouse parlor from this site:Β Β http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/search/label/Make and upholster a 1 inch scale chairΒ  Once you get started down the primrose path of making things to go into your houses you won't look back.

• Thanks 1

Waiting for the top ceiling paper to arrive… so made a modern hanging plant and tried out different ceiling techniques. After trying spackle texture, gluing and painting sand and a few other things, I just went with multiple layer of stippled white paint. I like it. Wish higher res images were allowed for showing the detail but oh well. Thanks for reading and for the inspiration and tips and encouragement! Also I’m buying a second kit next week. I’m hooked! πŸ˜‚

AE573DBE-025F-4EAA-96D4-BAE702B15FA5.jpeg

8B9FD008-8C3C-4F58-8A8D-BD5CB7BFF3BF.jpeg

• Like 1

Experimenting can be fun! And learning a new technique does take practice. I look forward to seeing your fern again when it's in your completed house! It's always exciting when you have a room or the house done enough to put furniture in. I work on lights, furniture, ECT when I'm waiting for something to dry and can't start any other part.

• Like 1

Thanks Holly :)Β I grew up in a family of florists- my grandparents had 5 flower shops and we all worked there at different points in time. I feel like you and Midieval are my spirit guides into this strange new exciting land of minis πŸ˜‚ thanks for the encouragement!!!

You probably have a lifetime supply of florist's wire, then.Β  With blue and yellow acrylic paints and masking tape you can go berserk and make all kinds of succulents.Β  I am perfectly willing to lead any new miniaturist down the primrose path!

• Like 1

my pics are in a gallery now but it’s coming along! Tonight the windows go in. Also I already bought another kit (the 50$ Madison someone posted about a while ago) and also got my 3 yo her own used dollhouse. Guess I’m hooked! πŸ˜‚ I keep telling my husband I’m saving money bc now I have all the supplies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

82DC861E-380E-4255-B95A-4CA36D941167.jpeg