new swap?

bergie

There were some interesting ideas posted for new swaps. I'd like to get in one a swap.When will a new list come out? How about a carnival? Or back to the gothic since it seemed to be popular? Or maybe a western theme? Or a roaring 20"s? I keep checking for new swap sign ups. Or even something science-fiction or old horror movies? What do you think? Bergie

Oooh ... Roaring Twenties has some appeal. I'm thinking my Pierce will be set in the 20s, before the Crash ... so I can have some more modern components along with the Victorian and Edwardian stuff the ancestors collected.

Definitely! We love new ideas (at least I do) but it is often like pulling teeth to get people to express an opinion. I'll get a new poll going with any themes y'all come up with by this weekend. I'm working overtime so I'm not online much during the week.

Thanks Catcolorado,for considering some new swaps. The ones I mentioned might be fun.Or even something from famous books? Like Gone with the Wind, or something from Mark Twain,something everyone might have read. I'm in favor of any I mentioned but I'd join something someone else suggested. Just to make something besides cakes. Even southwest designs?? bergie

"Gone with the Wind" ... reminds me of a Christmas exchange I was involved in years ago. We drew names, made a present, couldn't spend more than $5. The theme that year was famous books.

One of the women took an old Barbie doll, cut out her skirt, so her little panties were showing, and glued a mini can of baked beans in her hand.

You guessed it: "Gone with the Wind" B)

Edit: should have said "cut out the BACK of her skirt"

Oh yes I like the Roaring 20s idea...

Remember my prohibition attic room in the Marquam Hill Mansion...

One of the stock ticker things, boxes of nylons, Think Vanderbilt Mansion from Newport R.I.

They just found out that these ornate wall panels in the Breakers Mansion were actually made out of Platinum!

I mean that isnt 1920s, but what about the indulgence of that era of the rich before taxes!

My brain is really going now...Pickford! Charlie Chaplin! Big furry coats, fancy furniture.....

Don't forget, during that era, when the Breakers was built, there was no income tax. The rich kept everything. There are some good books on the Vanderbilts, Astors, etc. I think of Al Capone, bootleggers, flappers in the 20"s. If they decide on a 20"s swap, it should be Very interesting. bergie

Or an Arabian Nights? Aladdin and the Genie? I found some vinyl mosaic wallpaper border on clearance at Lowe's. I found a Genie . The Genis was in a box of 5 cent jewelry.Took him off the necklace,rubber molded him.Now I'm making a mosaic wall with the Genie head over a basin. Might use the Genie on a headboard for a fancy bed if I make one. bergie

:yes: I found it! If we do the 20's, there's a whole site filled with tons and tons of stuff from the 20's. It's http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/jcheek3/roaring-twenties.htm. Just went there. There are photos of cars, flappers, Little Italy, and MORE in the Chicago section. Tons more to go through. bergie

"Gone with the Wind" ... reminds me of a Christmas exchange I was involved in years ago. We drew names, made a present, couldn't spend more than $5. The theme that year was famous books.

One of the women took an old Barbie doll, cut out her skirt, so her little panties were showing, and glued a mini can of baked beans in her hand.

You guessed it: "Gone with the Wind" :yes:

Edit: should have said "cut out the BACK of her skirt"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....HEE HEE...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..Oh My goodness!!! Thanks I needed a laugh...ha ha ha ha ha!!!