What Am I Making?

jaxenro

I bought a 1921 dime from a seller in Texas - Atlanta sent it to NJ and then it came back - sometimes I see a book go into Atlanta and sit 7 to 10 days before it comes out again

I don't know why Atlanta is so bad but whenever I see a package go there I cross my fingers where it will be sent next

A few weeks ago a third party delivery service dropped a USPS package on my porch. They didn't miss by a house or two - it was for Alabama so a whole state away

I realize it's a mini, but the housewife who will have to change the linens will appreciate having both sides the same depth so she won't have to risk falling over the side to tuck the linens in the back side before she slides the bed back against the wall.  Since it's being made in a home workshop I'm assuming the family has no troupe of servants to do it for them.

I agree with Holly. Have pity on the lady of the house. Besides, the photo examples all have low back, and a high back may end up looking like an uncomfortable settee rather than a bed. Sometimes the first idea is the best. A friend once gave me a t-shirt that read: Art is knowing when to stop.  :) 

29 minutes ago, jaxenro said:

messed up the other end

It's the little oopsies that say "This item was made with caring (if slightly clumsy) hands." :D 

Didn't you say at the outset this design was originally built in a "home workshop"?  What says made in a loving home better than such a minor "oops"?  And once it's dressed with finials and bedding and pillows, who will notice?

Me I will notice. As long as I have it it will bug me. But not enough to redo it just enough not to keep it around

I need to finish off the mission bed end tables next so I want to get this done. I cut the parts for those a while ago and never finished them 

Tried a beeswax/oil finish on top need to buff it off it is a little sticky

Holly sent me some nice burgundy velvet then I found about two yards of royal blue cotton velvet I had, am undecided which I will use

I love the grain and color though of the wood

WLfXGXR.jpg

u9b2PYr.jpg

Edited by jaxenro

17 minutes ago, jaxenro said:

...burgundy velvet then I found about two yards of royal blue cotton velvet I had, am undecided which I will use

I love the grain and color though of the wood

Either color with that stain will make it pop.

Red and green are color complements, meaning that on the color chart they are across from one another.  Blue and green are next to each other on the color chart, so both combinations are good, depending on the shade of blue.