Blue Roombox

Kells

Man, I hope I'm not choking up the galleries and forums with my posts but I just wanted to share a little something I love. Oh, and the reason for the onslaught of posts is that I'm going through lots of things after one helluva year with no time for miniatures. My niece has six kids (SIX!!!). They had to be at home, distance learning, she has to work, guess who got to spend a year with SIX CHILDREN! So yeeaahh, that was my year.

Anywho, I don't usually buy fully finished rooms but I just loved this one. I see by the date I saved the photos that was in April 2011. I remember the opening bid was insanely low and no one else bid against me, so hurrah. This was created by the seller's grandmother, who had passed away. Her little cottage dream bedroom.

It's old, the paint and fabrics are badly faded, a few things are more than a little threadbare and worn. It all just adds to the charm. I love the little prie-dieu for her nightly prayers before going to bed.

Like I said, not a bit of this is my work. I just wanted to share and hope that it makes someone smile as much as it has done for me for over ten years. :)

• Like 1

My Westville has a blue bed room; my real bedroom is also blue.  Distressed items are so cool. I love the trunks!  This is delightful. I am glad it's in your collection of treasures.