I have stepped into the murky waters of Ebay

Cuppa-Tea

:unsure:

so when will you start building?

I decided I need a house for the smaller visitors to enjoy....

and I am going to paperclay it also for a castle/cottage look

the balcony just is so romantic on this sweet little house and the rooms are not bad either

I probably not use the stairs in mine either.

looking forward to sharing photos with you.

nutti :angry:

I was debating and debating yesterday over whether to up my bid to try to win.... As I said I hate working on old kits because the wood can be so bad.... but I decided after spending several hours poring over catalogs that there just isn't anything available new that is as cute as the Alison. So, I upped my bid 20 mins before the auction ended... and waited, and then logged on again with 3 minutes to go. I was refreshing my screen every 30 seconds watching the time count down hoping no one would outbid me... AND I WON!!!!

I'm so excited!!!! It really bites, though, having to pay $17.50 for the shipping... but I got the house for only $28 so I think that was a really good deal. She's going to ship it today priority and I should have it early next week. :D

What's so cute is that DS really wanted that one... not a different one. He has excellent taste for a four year old!

So you were sniping, even though you were the highest bidder. :yes: Good for you. And remember when sniping always bid your highest bid. With proxy bidding Ebay will simply add your bid to the next amount until it maxes out. You can bid 10 million, and may still win for 25 bucks. Of course don't bid 10 mil unless you have the money and really would pay that for whatever it is you're bidding on.

I absolutely love e-bay. Although I am mostly a buyer, I am also a seller which I enjoy less. However, you can get such fantastic deals on e-bay. I also collect vintage Barbie and Chatty Cathy dolls and without e-bay my collection would not be near as fantastic as it is now.

Katharina

I will be glued to ebay tomorrow afternoon when the house I'm bidding on is supposed to end. Even though I won't be able to build it for quite awhile, boy do I want this house. Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

So you were sniping, even though you were the highest bidder. :bounce8: Good for you. And remember when sniping always bid your highest bid. With proxy bidding Ebay will simply add your bid to the next amount until it maxes out. You can bid 10 million, and may still win for 25 bucks. Of course don't bid 10 mil unless you have the money and really would pay that for whatever it is you're bidding on.

No, I wasn't sniping!!! No one had bid for 48 hours, and I put my final bid in 20 mins before the end of the auction, to give another bidder 20 mins to up their bid as well. I was refreshing my screen at the end to defend AGAINST snipers!!!! It was a defensive, not an offensive maneuver. :D

I will be glued to ebay tomorrow afternoon when the house I'm bidding on is supposed to end. Even though I won't be able to build it for quite awhile, boy do I want this house. Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

What are you bidding on??? I LOVE your beautiful avatar, by the way!