My staircase pics and my first piece of furniture

Blondie

I have these handy plastic trays I got for $1 at IKEA a few years back. Tonight I took one, my staircase pieces, and cuddled in on the couch to put it together while watching some TV. I was inspired to work on the house today after I went to a hobby shop near where I work and bought the bed I've been eyeballing for five years. Now I finally had an excuse to buy it! I thought I needed a piece of furniture to help me get the feel for what colors I would like the house to be. I put the pics in my gallery (there are only a couple), but here are two. One is Webster looking very tempted to jump on the staircase tray and the other is of my new bed!

I'm not wild about dark wood, so I thought about painting the bed. But now it is growing on me as is.

Ohhhh, I know that bed, have been looking at it for a while now wondering where I would be able to put one like that...

SO did you get some "help" from the little furry one???? A little pawprint somehwere to sort of makr the territory?? ;)

Looks like you are on the go again with the building. Shop visits can do that....

Hugs

Love the bed...wish I had a lifesized one to sleep in....You've done a great job on your stairs!!! Did your "supervisor" (kitty) oversee the building progress??? Hope he gave you his seal of approval...lol!!!

Oh, please don't change the finish on that sleighbed, it was part of what made them such a beautiful & popular style; although on down the line you might want to "go for broke" and make such an elegant bed beautiful new bedding (lots of silk & lace & ribbon, poufy quilt & fluffy pillows).

I actually felt sorry for Webster because he is my little shadow and always has to be ON me. I was sitting there with my tray and all my pieces and some paper towels and things and he kept trying to come closer and closer and I had to make him sit down by my knees. Poor guy! :Jumpy:

The bed is a lot darker than it looks, but I've decided not to change it. I've also decided that when I have a billion dollars someday, I'm going to have someone make me one just like it full size. ;)

Last night on the way home from work, I bought 3 new CDs so I can pop them in and dollhouse today. Wish me luck!

Blondie, I love the bed! I cannot wait to see more progress on your house! I started building my BH yesterday....i'm to the point of building the staircases which i may do today (well at least sand and stain the pieces but i won't put the stairs together until next weekend). I can't go much further at this point, i need to order wallpaper so the house is almost at a standstill until i can get the wallpaper in. I may have some wallpaper that will work tho for the hallway so i'll dig thru my supply today and see. If i do, the work will commence! I still cannot decide on exterior colors. I have that samon color that i used on my Winston that would be beautiful, however i'm not sure about it since there are so many BH's in shades of pink i wanted to do something very different. I'm just not sure yet. I may go to lowe's tomorrow and choose paint, so with their selection i know i'll find something!

I'm so excited about this house! It's such a beauty isn't it? I'll keep watching for your progress and when i get to tough parts i'll be able to ask you!

I love the bed, it beautiful :lol: . The stairs look like they are coming along good. And don't worry about your little helper, he'll figure out that sometimes you can't be on you and be happy just sitting next to you. :giggle:

I'm so excited about this house! It's such a beauty isn't it? I'll keep watching for your progress and when i get to tough parts i'll be able to ask you!

Hahahahaha! Ask me?? That's too funny. :( I have NO idea what I'm doing. I do know that I don't know what color to do on the exterior either, but I picked out the interior paints today at Ace Hardware--little tiny sample size. And I got a cute little test-paint roller, too!

When I got the blue paint for my Orchid shop at the Ace Hardware in Clinton Forge I didn't see the little paint rollers. Now all they need to do is put out a little tray!

I really like the Ace paints because the jars are slightly larger than the Benjamin Moore version and cost 20%-25% less.

When I got the blue paint for my Orchid shop at the Ace Hardware in Clinton Forge I didn't see the little paint rollers. Now all they need to do is put out a little tray!

I really like the Ace paints because the jars are slightly larger than the Benjamin Moore version and cost 20%-25% less.

Hi Holly

Guess what? They do make mini trays! :( I have one that goes with my mini roller :p Oh and Blondie your BH is coming along great and LOVE THAT BED! I love that blue color. That is what I plan on painting the outside of my BH someday!

Now all they need to do is put out a little tray!

If you look carefully at the roller, you will see that the plastic that is covering the front IS the tray! Isn't that handy?! :( I think it is very cool.

I'm never sure how much paint should cost, but I looked up the Behr paints and found out you can only order their samples online for $6.99. I got these little jars at Ace for $4.99 a piece. They have tons of colors right there on the spinning rack in the store. I put on my first coats last night and they look good. Pictures to come soon.

Hahahahaha! Ask me?? That's too funny. :giggle: I have NO idea what I'm doing.

It seems like you're doing a great job so far! i'm glad we are doing this house at the same time, it's fun! I cannot wait to see how yours turns out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love watching other people's progress and watching the house evolve as paint and wallpaper are applied. It's great how we can all take the same kit and each do something different with it!

If you look carefully at the roller, you will see that the plastic that is covering the front IS the tray! Isn't that handy?!

OMG! I just went back and looked harder at the roller picture and you're right. That is SO cute!!!