Introduction- Good Morning!

Tasker

Hi Everyone! I'm in the process of building my first dollhouse after many years! (my sister and I built one many years back when we were in high school, we think it was the Pierce, but it was never finished in any detail and we had passed it along to some younger family members after a few years). Our Grandmother had a doll and dollhouse hobby in which she had a whole room dedicated to their display, and that is how I came to love dollhouses! Now that both my boys are in college, I decided why not see what I can do :) I chose the half scale Fairfield which I absolutely adore! I've been obsessed with looking at photos in all of the Fairfield blogs I've found, I'm so impressed with everyone's creativity! This kit is often bashed and I love seeing all of great modified layouts! (I'm modifying mine as well) I'm also getting lots of help from my boyfriend, who had a model train hobby years ago and has lots of woodworking experience! I'm taking my time and am spending tons of time planning, not much put together at the moment but I've been collecting building elements, furniture, and lots of ideas, wallpapers, etc, etc. Having so much fun and so happy to be here! Ann

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Ann Marie.  When I built my Fairfields I had one other 1:24 house under my belt and otherwise all my builds were 1:12.  I had collected several sets of "1:24" furniture I'd bought, only to find most of the pieces were totally unusable when put with the kit- and scratch-built pieces that were 1:24; so I ended up making most of the furniture and all of the little people.  Starting out I had NO experience with making any of things I now furnish and people my houses with, and you will have fun doing the same.

Hi Holly!  Ohhh, I'm going to check out your albums shortly!  I don't remember seeing these ones before!  I've bought a bunch of 1:24 furniture already, some of it looks more dainty than others but so far I think I've got some good things to work with!  I've had more trouble finding small decorative items and lights/lamps, I have found a bunch but there is not as good a selection as the 1:12.  I bought a couple of vintage "frozen charlotte" bisque dolls that are 2.5 inches tall; their legs don't bend but they seem to be a good size :)  Can't wait to check out your furniture and little people!  I'm excited to make some things too.  At some point I hope to post some photos of my Fairfield progress here on this forum :) Thanks for the welcome here, it's nice to meet you!

Ann Marie, when you have made five posts you can start making an album in the Gallery.  When you click on the underlined words in my last post, they are hyperlinks and will take you to my albums of the two 1:24 builds.

• 4 weeks later...