Hello there!

Hello everyone I am a long time miniature appreciator and finally just started my first dollhouse build. It is a Hofco Federal Victorian with one addition (looking for another one!) that I was able to get, some of the parts are missing but I am re-cutting them out of scrap wood. I have been making dollhouse miniature food and such on and off for a few years but I am ready to finally get serious about it and wanted a "display/show house" to have and really take that dollhouse obsession leap into madness or maybe bliss? Both? LOL I have finished priming, sanding and I have assembled one addition to the house to (and to my dismay apparently put it together as a left addition and it is a right addition so dealing with that at the moment) and am about to embark on the main house. Having to do a little bashing which I am not super prepared for but I am missing some pieces and just kind of winging it unfortunately but I'm a total newb so I was expecting to make some major errors...cough...learning experiences. Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated! Looking forward to finally being active on here instead of just being a voyer.

Hi Jasmine! I started out as a voyeur. This forum is packed with gifted talented people who love to share. I'm kinda new too and I've enjoyed every minute. The forum has lots of ideas. I look forward to learning from your (ahem) learning experiences as well!

I am more than a little obsessed, it was definitely an understatement. I would seriously quit my day job if I could and just make minis the rest of my life. Life goal is to build my dream dollhouse design from scratch, so this is definitely the first steps to a long love affair!

Welcome Jasmine :wave:

I see you have caught the mini-virus which leads to endless dreaming and scheming of all things mini. It does become chronic, and I know of no cure, but its side effects are endless amounts of joy:prop:.

Place a search notification on eBay if you haven't already checked. The additions of all kinds of houses come up from time to. you may be able to modify one. Have you thought about a conservatory on one side?https://www.realgoodtoys.com/products/junior-conservatory-addition

On 8/18/2020 at 8:08 PM, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome Jasmine :wave:

I see you have caught the mini-virus which leads to endless dreaming and scheming of all things mini. It does become chronic, and I know of no cure, but its side effects are endless amounts of joy:prop:.

Place a search notification on eBay if you haven't already checked. The additions of all kinds of houses come up from time to. you may be able to modify one. Have you thought about a conservatory on one side?https://www.realgoodtoys.com/products/junior-conservatory-addition

Oh I really have the bug I think it might be fatal! I have done a ton of searching on the web and it is just so hard to find because it is discontinued. I have thought about a conservatory or something similar I was just hoping to go more of the symmetrical style since federal architecture traditionally is a very symmetrical silhouette. I might just mash up some styles and call it an updated renovation.