Hello from Central California

Hello, 

My parents started building a dollhouse in the 80's when I was about 10 and my grandfather also worked on dollhouses so I spend a lot of time in miniature shops. When my daughter needed to build a Mission diaroma for her 4th grade California history project, it started up the interest in miniatures again. Now I have 3 houses in progress and one still in the box and my daughter has several herself. Today I picked up a partially started Greenleaf Willowcrest that was found by the owners daughter deep in the recesses of her mother's garage after she had passed away. Many parts are missing, no directions or schematics. I tried emailing Greenleaf but they said that The Willowcrest was out of stock so they had no replacement parts available and suggested that I visit this forum. I've tried all day to call them hoping I could at the very least get a pdf of the schematics and instruction so that I can attempt to recreate missing parts. Most of the roof is missing and there are a few stragglers inside that I don't have the foggiest idea where they belong. Anybody have any ideas how I can achieve this? Thank you in advance! I hope to learn great things from you all!

Hi Kathleen, welcome to the forum! The Willowcrest is a beautiful house.

I suggest you check out the More Minis Blog: https://moreminis.blogspot.com/

She's built two Willowcrests and has informative posts with photos. They might help you figure out what you're missing.

Also if you post in the Greenleaf-specific forum with some pictures of your house, others who built it might be able to help you: https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/27-greenleaf-dollhouses/

Welcome to the little family, Kathleen (and daughter, if she decides to join, too).  It's also possible that someone who has built the Willowcrest recently can still lay their hands on their instructions and schematics sheets and PM you about sending them.

• Thanks 1

Kathleen, you can measure one or two of the pieces you do have and when your schematics sheets arrive, measure the same pieces on the schematics sheet and use your computer's calculator to get the % you'll need to set a printer to get the correct sizes to cut your missing pieces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1