The venerable Queen Anne is here!

sandilpn

I was very excited tonight, having found that the USPS had delivered a mighty box. One Queen Anne is sitting next to me as I type. Original seal intact. So if there is anything wrong with it, I'll be contacting dollhouseproperties for pieces. :banana:

I didn't read the dimensions on the box until now...42" high! 33" wide! 22" deep! This is going to be the largest dollhouse I have put together to date. I am not sure that I haven't bit off more than I can chew with this one. I am now torn as to what kind of exterior to put on it. They show a very drab exterior with stucco. I want a true painted lady. What would you do? Siding and brick? Need input!

Well, here's the box. Hope she goes together fairly easily.

I thought it came with clapboard milled onto it already, no siding needed. Open the box and look. What are you going to do with that little tower room?

To be honest, I am not really sure about the siding. If it does, this will be awesome, as I like the look of the MHM in the green & white. That will solve the problem of that. I think I will be doing blues or greens...not sure yet though.

maybe even rich browns and cream.

The tower? I thought I would make it accessible, if it isn't already and turn it into a observatory or a exercise room. I know, that's a big spread. But I am unsure. It could turn into a maids' quarters.

Since my hubby is going to a friends' house tonight, I will have time to investigate. You see, he doesn't know that I bought the house yet. I will let him find out in time...

Oh congratulations on the big house. I am partial to painted ladies myself. Love the accent colors to pop out white windows and provide lots of interest. You are going to have some fun. I just finished the MHM and want to do another painted lady soon.

You are going to have some fun!

Well, I had my first peek at her wood. Hmmm...no siding. That is a bummer. I think I will still do it that way but I am not sure. That 'wood' be a lot of cutting. :banana: Still, I can't let the enormous amount of pieces discourage me. All the same, I am continuing my Orchid and then I'll tackle the newbie. Remember, I still have my other two coming.

The tower room in the San Franciscan was just big enough for a commode stool & lavatory.

Congratulations. You can use fairly heavy cardstoc to make siding, or order some from Greenleaf once you have your walls assembled & can take measurements to figure how much you'd need.

Rose. House done in light and dark pinks and white an older grumpy maid and a pair of poodles and a maltese or a king charles spaniel. And a skeleton in the closet.

I made my own siding. I took pine boards 24 inches long and sliced them in thin strips so I had a whole pile of 3/4 inch wide - 24 inch long boards. there was enough texture from the sawblade so it looked rough hewn, but smooth enough to look good. And it was cheap!

Rose. House done in light and dark pinks and white an older grumpy maid and a pair of poodles and a maltese or a king charles spaniel. And a skeleton in the closet.

I made my own siding. I took pine boards 24 inches long and sliced them in thin strips so I had a whole pile of 3/4 inch wide - 24 inch long boards. there was enough texture from the sawblade so it looked rough hewn, but smooth enough to look good. And it was cheap!

Any reason I couldn't just use 1/2" to 3/4" basswood or balsa strips? My store sells them. Then I wouldn't have to cut them.