The Dollhouse Club

eveningstargazer

I received an invite, too. The way that I read it is subscribers to the magazine are members to get special discounts and access to the site for free projects, forum and other stuff. I think the discount is for Craft Club stuff. I poked around the site, but I couldn't get into anything to see what the fluff was all about. I don't subscribe to any miniature magazines. I should.

When I go in to activate my membership card, they want my credit card information. I know that I'm somewhat paranoid about my personal information on the internet, especially my credit card info. I guess what I am asking is if any of you have activated your card and given this info to them. I do know that I would have to give it if I order from them, but why do they want it before I order?

Valerie

In order to participate in the "club", view the website fully, or get any discounts on anything, you have to be a "member". "Membership" means that you pay A LOT of money for the magazine. They want your credit card information because they'll then bill you for the magazine subscription...and once that is approved (once you've paid for the mag) then you'll be a "member" and "entitled" to discounts, etc.

I got the mailing too (I suspect that one of the mini sites I frequent sold their mailing list...maybe miniatures.com?) and did some investigating and decided I didn't want two mini magazines, so didn't join.

I also got the invitation. I didn't investigate. I'm a "charter" subscriber to AM and have ordered from Craft Club online in the past (without discounts) and the only time I gave credit card info was from the "secure" shopping site. I'll continue to subscribe to AM as long as I can afford it and if I need one of the Mini Mundus kits & can afford it, I'll continue to order from Craft Club, but that's too seldom to make it wirthwhile for me to fool with the "invitation".

BTW, is anyone else annoyed by how slowly the Craft Club site loads? And whoever designed their new catalogue must have been fired from DHE!

I'm also a Charter Subscriber to AM and the I was offered and declined the club membership. Although I subscribe to all 3 major American mags (AM, DHM and MC) I really feel I need to keep my costs down and I can put my dollars to better use than the occasional discount I'd use. That being said, if you plan to do a lot of purchasing that you can apply the discount to, it might be a benefit to join. :)

And yes Craft Club's website is extraorinarily slow...glad to know it's not just me :banana:

I activated my card after subscribing to AM and it didn't cost anything extra. What I really like about it is the ability to view/print a lot of the back issues online. Before subscribing (which is when I got my card), I only had two issues on AM, so it's been fun to go through and read the rest. Helpful for deciding which ones I may want to order.