Hi From Emerald/Linda F from Chicago

Emerald

Hi, I have only started creating dioramas and some dollhouses since spring 2015.  I laugh when I think back to saying that I just wanted a small box with a bench for a park scene.  I was so happy that your Gallery show a combination of miniatures including my favorite 1/6 scale.  Thank you Debora59.  I am totally fascinated by 1/12 and smaller scale.  When it comes down to it, I love playscale, fashion scale, 1/6 scale.  My mind just goes there no matter whether I look at real life to miniature or miniature to 1/6 scale.  My beginnings are very crude and many things do not turn out easily.  I have created room boxes for 1/12 and built room boxes, use storage cabinet or old bookcase to display dioramas for 1/6 scale.  I am learning how to turn ideas into whatever scale I try.

Hi Linda! 

I'm also a big fan of playscale 1/6 and bjd scale 1/3, unfortunatelly I don't have the space to try anything that size but I'm happy to admire other ppl's work :) Debora's house is a dream! It's a great idea to turn old pieces of furniture into displays, repurposing the old and transform it into something beautiful. I've seen amazing things done with simple shelves. Another thing that fascinates me is dioramas done with recycled food boxes and papper, it's a fantastic and economical way to experiment with ideas. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Linda.  Eventually I keep thinking I'll build for my 1:6 dolls, at least an apartment of my Flavas, but I do enjoy making 1:12 & 1:24 dolls and furniture, and places for them to live.

• Like 1

Hi, Linda, and welcome!  Like Ashley, I admire play scale from afar. Just no room with all the 1/2" and 1" scale stuff I have.  I think my husband would move out if I brought home anything bigger!  

I also love re-purposing items for dioramas and room boxes, it is such a fabulous idea!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you ALL for the warm warm welcome.  I admire and get great inspiration from 1:12.  My love of Barbie and lack of real wooden type furniture started my quest.  Some things turned out ok, others...well, I gave them to goodwill thinking maybe a little girl's mom might take them the play.   I do have my 1:12 boxes and have created some things.  I did enjoy my 2016 project and creating roofing and siding that I saw 1:12 and tried for scale.  The JP Morgan dollhouse and Debora's new design has furthered my inspiration.  I draw from all of you and THANK YOU ALL.

• Like 1

Hello Daisy,

In answer to your question....there are quite a few 1:6 scale.  Everyone thinks of Barbie; however, there are so many more and some are amazingly elegant.

Integrity dolls (fashion royalty and other lines, 12"), Action figure dolls such as "James Bond" and some of the ladies and of course, Blythe and Monster High.

Personally I have 2 Fashion Royalty and the ladies are articulated and would be a wonderful addition to any dioramas or house.  Debora's manor is SO INSPIRING.

THIS is my Fashion Royalty with a silkstone Ken.  The only photo of DASHA right now is off pininterest but gives you an idea.  Debora59 uses James Bond and

has a couple of photos of the action lady figures.  So anyone interested in 1:6, you only have your imagination and it doesn't have to be a Barbie.

100_1412.JPG

Dasha FR 2013.jpg