Video clip of miniature photography sets

Selkie

I was hunting for some info for an issue I was having with my Silhouette cutting machine and came across this video of a fellow who creates miniatures for setting up photography and film scenes. It was promoting the Silhouette machine so forgive that part but his miniatures were wonderful and quite fascinating to me. He was cutting styrene will the machine for one set. I thought that would be a great application for miniature building.

Do they just do flat cuts?  and just for polystyrene?  I'm thinking that if one could shape the polystyrene after cutting, one could make component parts for items, like Chrysnbon does with their kits.  It would solve the problem of making more modern items than Chrysnbon offers.

I have the Cameo model but mine is older. I use it to cut vinyl, felt, all kinds of papers, create stencils, make parts to assemble 3D  paper projects and so on. It has it's idiosyncrasies though. There are tons of videos to help solve problems and quirks. I've never used styrene. 

• Like 1