The Granville

nuttiwebgal

wow you will not believe what I found! :D

http://www.inpayne.com/dollhouse/dollhouse09.html

it is the first one I have seen built and furnished!

isnt it wonderful!

and for some reason it list the maker as Greenleaf?

was this one of those houses that got left behind?

it gave me some ideas!

nutti :lol:

and while you visit her sight look at how she displays her houses.

http://www.inpayne.com/dollhouse/dollhousefrontpage.html

Wow! And wow again. Too much to absorb at once-- I had to bookmark it.

You know, I am a big dollhouse doll booster, but that is one house that is so detailed it didn't need any dolls at all. Dolls would have been in the way. And the woman builds all her furniture herself???

No time to write more-- I have to go back and look!

Bee

Oh My GOODNESS!!!! Did you see here brownstone house made from FOAM CORE?? WOWIE!! She has built the Glencroft too! I gotta go back and see more, now. Nutti, Now, i REALLY REALLY want a Granville. I did not have a desire before but NOW, I want one, for ME to keep!!

I gotta go on a diet.....Too Much Eye Candy :lol:

yes that is the Granville Linda and I have but mine in no way looks like that! :D

probably why I quit working on it. I need more experience to make it look like I want it to look.

nutti :lol:

Yeah, right Nutti!! You KNOW yours look wonderful!

The different shades of blue really set it up as a Grand dame of a house! I did not know it had a turret till I saw the finished one. You just need to keep trugging along and taking more pictures.

I learned that when I take pictures of my projects I get inspired again because I am taking myself away from it and seeing it as others do instead of staring at it when I am in that "zoned in" aspect.

I can't wait to see yours complete!

What don't you like about it so far?? You know we are more critical of our own stuff than others are.

Thanks for the link, Nutti - that's a great site! I love how the pictures are set up so you can click on each room for a bigger view. The rooms are beautifully set up and have that "lived in" look - they don't look like dollhouse rooms at all.

Thanks Nutti for the link, this lady has great taste, as you click on the individual rooms you can't tell that it is not areal house. I hope one day to have this type detail in my Lily.

Great eye candy and inspiration. I just wish I was half as talented.

Peggi

Grrr! All this talk of the Granville really makes me want to start mine as our next project, but Jimmy says no, that we have too much going on. WAAAHHHHH!

Maybe he'll change his mind come winter. I think he is just exhausted from that 2 month straight heat spell that we had. Saturday was 30 degrees cooler than it had been, and today we had sun but a high of only 80 degrees.

I know what you mean LPCullen . . . I want to start the Glencroft, but hubby says I have enough with the Beacon Hill right now . . . whaaaaaaa . . . :lol:

Is this a trend?! Geoff told me I can't buy any more dollhouse kits until I put together the ones I already have. :lol:

I don't think he can keep track of all the kits I have, though, so if I sneak another one in when he's not looking... :D

ok Tracy I will tell you what I dont like about my Grandville....it wasnt Grand enough. I stopped working on it because I didnt have the skills to give it the look I wanted but mostly I needed some direction...now I have some!!

and I know exactly the changes to the outside Im going to make.

and more importantly I also know how to go about it....well mostly but it wont make it back to the work table till after Christmas. my days are very full till than.

the only photo I have seen on this house is very small. not much detail to give ideas.....but I do love the blue color..that will not change.

I only wish more could be found on the net.

nutti :)

Oh my Nutti! That is such a beautiful house when built. I think I will try to con Jimmy into it after all, except that Granville is going to take a lot of space to build!