Lights!!

peggyquade

post-924-1161055907_thumb.jpg

I am so excited! The big wooden dollhouse that I bought a few weeks ago had electrical tape installed in one side of the house but I didn't know if it worked. Today, I got my tape, junction splice and push in ceiling lights so I put in the tape, put in a couple of big eyelets (this house is made out of 3/8" plywood) to connect the new line to the old line and voila! lights! Wasn't quite that easy, of course. But it works! The builder did something weird that I've never seen before...he ran the tape up the side of the wall, across the ceiling, then he cut a slit in the ceiling and ran the tape through that slit to the floor above, across the floor, up the wall, etc. Maybe that's pretty normal, I'm not all that experienced with mini electrification. Here's a picture...it's dark because the picture turned out better with no flash, tho it's a little blurry. Now for a gazillion more feet of tape...

Congrats on the lighting!

It sounds like the builder only got their first run of lights done. The first run is weird like that, you want it to cover first floor and all the other floors...not any particular rooms. That is what 2nd and 3rd runs of tape wire are for.

OMG! I sound like I know what I am saying...

OMG! I sound like I know what I am saying...

You mean you don't???? Rats. I've been taking notes! <erasing three pages> :thumb: Of course you know what you're talking about Heidi! You're da bomb!

Peggy, the lights look great! It's even more difficult to figure out someone else's start on wiring than it is to start from scratch on your own, so you deserve kudos for this one!

Deb

*Blush* :D Thanks Deb.. I know I am not a newbie anymore when it comes to mini`s but sometimes I cant believe the words that are coming out of my mouth sometimes. I can actually say I am getting it! I can give advice and it is actually good!

I am not bashing myself. I just realized that I am not a total novice in this area anymore and I have retained what I have learned from all of you...

:( *Smilie is just funny!

post-924-1161236394_thumb.jpg

I added the tape to the rest of the house and I'm proud to say it all works! Only had to brad two places, which is a really good thing because the wood in this dollhouse is tough! I bent the pins on the backs of two of those push-in ceiling globe lights! I'm definitely going to have to wire the chandelier adaptors through the ceiling to the floor above because there's no way I'm going to turn this sucker upside down! I've started on the hardwood floors, if anyone wants to take a look at the album. Took people's advice here and I'm putting the wood strips onto a tag board template that will just slip in place when I'm done.

It's alive! Mwaahahahaha! :clap:

Sorry, I get a little excited about electrified dollhouses. It really gives a house that special something. I just wish it were cheaper so I could put electricity in every house. Your's looks like it's really coming along. Congratulations on making the lights work! :)