Poll

CutnStuf

My favorite is the Beacon Hill. Loved that dollhouse since I first saw a picture of it. The funnest to build though is The Pierce. It was very difficult to choose these favorites though.

Least favorite is the Arthur. I'm not even sure why but it just doesn't grab my attention so much. The least favorite to assemble would be the Lily. That dollhouse is difficult!

I love lots of them, but like Gina, the Beacon Hill is the one I first fell in love with too, and now 17 years later, I still love it. I don't have it, but I will scratch build my own one day. I also love the Sid Cooke kits, and the one I covet is the Highgate.

In general, there is nothing like putting a new kit together. It's so fun. I love planning them (that's my schtick).

The ones I like the least are the boxy, simple designs too, but wouldn't say no - I could still make them into something I'd love. What I don't love about many kits is the ceiling height. It would be my biggest bone of contention. I want realism, not low ceilings.

I also dislike the low ceilings. So many of the kits are spot on for historically correct architecture, except for the ceiling height. What turn of the century Victorian had 8' ceilings?!

I have a new crush on the Tennyson. It's similar to the San Fran, but I think would be a much easier build.    

I also have an itch for an Arthur...don't know why...but I want one and in my head it wants to be painted green.

My favorites, wow, I'm not sure there's a single favorite but I'll try. I love the Rosedale (and it was my first kit, $40 - what does that tell you about how old I am?), and most of the Greenleaf houses:

the Jefferson,

the Westville,

the Arthur,

the Glencroft,

the Washington,

the Harrison,

the Storybrook Cottage,

the Brookwood,

the Garfield,

the Canterfield,

the Chantilly,

the Harrison,

the Beaumont,

the Willowcrest,

the McKinley,

the Travel Trailer,

the Diana,and

the Beacon Hill.

Does Greenleaf not make the Willowcrest anymore? I didn't see it on the website.

I'm not so crazy about the Pierce, the Sugar Plum, the Coventry Cottage, the Country House, or the Vineyard Cottage.

I'm not really crazy about the Corona line except the Orchid and I'd like to put together the Lily one day.

Real Good Toys...well, I like the RGT/Houseworks houses: the Thornhill and the front opening Victorian, and also the contemporary Ranch and the Bungalow, and I'd like to get the Ellwanger or the Northpark one day. I also like a few of their Batrie houses: the Newbury and the New Orleans.

I'd take the Lady Kathleen by Celerity, too.

I like some of the houses by Norm's Dollhouses, Earth and Tree (a log cabin is on my list), Mountain Miniatures, and House That Jack Built.

As for other long gone brands, I like the Hofco house I'm working on now, but not really any of the others except the Victorian Townhouse. I like the S/W Crafts LOA house, the Victorian Mansion by Model Homes, the Royal dollhouse by Arrow, the Citadel from Lolly's, and I'm crazy about the Joseph Angel house and the Lacamas Lake house from Victorian Miniatures.

I'd love any of the larger Walmer houses: the Nob Hill, the Bay Mansion, the Devonshire, Foxhall Manor (now made by RGT), the Tiffany, the Alexandria Townhouse, and the French Victorian.

And there are a ton of Lawbre houses I'd like: the Rosedawn Plantation, the Bungalow, the Italianate, the Galena Farmhouse, the Winchester, their Mission style house, Westbury Hall, and especially the Nantucket.

I'd love to get the Queen Anne Rowhouse, the Tudor house, the Victorian, the Victoria, and the Golden Gate View by American Crafts/Carlson's and I like some of their other houses too.

There are SOME Duracraft houses I like: the San Franciscan, the Victorian Mansion, the Queen Anne, and the Bellingham, but I really don't like dealing with the walls.

I almost forgot the Artply houses. I want the Highland and the Barrington.

If I had to pick one small house though, I'd pick the Rosedale, mainly because it's my favorite of any that I think I have a remote chance of getting! LOL

If I got all the ones I like, that's 62 dollhouses and a trailer! And that's not adding the odd one here and there. I won't need a dollhouse room, I'll need a whole house for the dollhouses!

Now, let's see, x number of dollhouses per room times so many rooms equals a house that is how many square feet again? And do I put dollhouses in the bathroom? Decisions, decisions.

Duh, I should have thought of that....*sigh* Thanks, Holly!

Oh, Gail, you reminded me - I forgot all about the Heritage. I want that one too. So 63 houses then.

Wait - I listed the Harrison twice, so we're back to 62 now. Whew!!

Edited by rodentraiser