Beacon Hill schematics

clairevc

Question concerning the beacon hill schematic sheet and the BH direction. My kit has a 12 and a 12A wood sheet. I'm speaking of the staircase directions. The schematic sheet has only one sheet 12 with both 12 &12A on it. So I'm having a difficult time picking out the threads and the risers for 1st floor. They all seem to look alike. Can any one tell me if there was a change in the placement of the risers&threads on the schematic sheet???

Just started organizing my sheets of pieces for the Beacon Hill. It seems they have added several sheets numbered 28 a-e, that's fine, but they have the original pieces still on the sheets and I had the hardest time figuring out what was going on.

The new #28 sheets are not included in the instructions. I don't know if they are a substitute or an addition. The schematic says that the roof pieces have been changed and moved, they are a much thinner wood, somewhere between the siding and the shingles thickness and they have a backing. When I go to the Greenleaf website, the Beacon Hill instructions are not available.

As this is my first house, I would like to be sure of what I am doing. Does anyone know how I can get clearer instructions? I am confused.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel your pain! The size difference is very slight. My problem was that the wood sheets that housed the treads (for the entire house) didnt match in color or texture, I tried to stain them, but they didnt match so I ended up having to paint them :(

Good luck to you, dont stress too much over it, they are so close that it really wont matter.

• Like 1

Jennifer, I had my husband cut-out threads from the same sheet for me because I wanted to stain them. Like you said texture and color of sheets were different. How crazy is that??? I've been here at my second home in Williamsburg, VA so I haven't worked on my dollhouse. Having withdrawals!!!! Hoping to get to a dollhouse store in Richmond to buy some building supplies, wallpaper, etc. Shipping costs are too outrageous

• Like 1